1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest moments?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Vermillion, Aug 5, 2000.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] We've all played the game and we've all got fond memories of it so what was your funniest moments in the game everyone?

For me it was possibly Gorion, with his LVL 8 ward being ambushed and telling him to run.
    Or the bit in Cloackwood where you go into the cave where the body and spiderbane is to be confronted by lots of stuff. 6 exploding potions later the thjings were dead. I like think that the monsters thought "Aha! Dinner! Oh fuck, it's adventuers, not known for thier common sense or regard for personal safety......(BOOOOOM!!!!)."
    Hey I know it's a computer game, But I've been a GM way too often not to sypathise with the poor monsters. It doesn't stop me cutting a bloody path through them for that Holy Avenger though..... :D

2. hooligan_inc Guest

Funniest Moment? Ooooohhhh...errmm...
    Either:

1.Killing Sarevok with the summon cow scroll.
    2.Killing Garrick with the summon cow scroll.
    3.Making Garrick cast a Lightning Bolt spell so it bounces of the wall and kills him.
    4.When Khalid says 'My heart's really not in this.' As he attacks a chicken.

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Definetly when I killed Sarevok with just magic missiles and 6 gnolls.

4. When I had Khalid kill Jaheira, and he sobbed about her death afterwards. Or was that Minsc and Dynaheir?

5. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I had Montaran, Xzar, Jeheira, and Khalid. At one point, I helped some little old lady and Xzar exclaimed, "Why do we have to be so blasted nice all the time?!" To which Jeheira turned and replied (for real), "You know, you're rather amusing in that What-The-Hell-Is Wrong-With-You kind of way."

NO KIDDING.

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Those funny moments with interparty banter have happened to me too (including that one the first time I played the game), although I haven't heard Edwin say his "Elminster this..." speech in game yet.

7. L'Israe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Funniest moments?
    Lets see...if you repeatedly click on a NPC (about 9 times), they say some pretty strange things (try it with Khalid before you kill him, you heartless bastards!!!)
    Also, when Minsc slashed Dynaheir into tiny pieces and then cried about it afterwards.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

When Khalid, Minsc and Noober all fell on my sword at the sametime in the same place and died. Accidents DO HAPPEN!

Syl...

9. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] What a bunch of sickos.

I can't believe you killed them just because you could.

10. L'Israe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Funniest moment to date has to be Imoen walking around the entire mape (no joke!!) to get to her position. Guess she must have other things on her mind...

11. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The funniest moments were when I first discovered the writings on the gravestones in Nashkel. Some of them are just too great!

"Slain by an ankheg. Eaten, but not forgotten" :)

12. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] "Uh wha uh whuh??!! Why thank you! :)" - Khalid, when complimented.

"Even with infravision, I prefer daylight!" - Khalid.

"The majesty of the forest makes me feel......insignificant." - Xan.

13. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There is some great dialoge between Dynahier and Alora. Alora ranks up there with Quayle in terms of anoyingness.

14. herf Guest

[​IMG] i think that the whole dammed game is one big joke!

15. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] If it is, I don't get it.

16. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Lol herf!

It wasn't bad for the year it was made!

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Mine would be when Silke casts a lightning bolt, misses you, rebounds off the wall and kills herself! Annoying though...you don't get the experience either...

18. herf Guest

my funniest moment was when my party ran into this invisible guy in anskel and he told me of for not looking where i was going

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Where abouts in Nashkal?

20. Sentry Guest

The funniest moment?

Me and my friend were playing BG on a LAN. When I wanted to talk to Gorion, the game hung.
    He ususally says "Oooooh, my child, I am glad I have found you". But this time he was going (because the game hung and the sound was repeating):
    "Ooooh ooooh ooooh ooooh ooooh... OOOOH"
    Perhaps I've come to meet him at a bad time :D :D :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.