1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fun/Interesting Builds

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Deathmage, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm getting fairly tired of all the powergaming threads, and while I guess some people derive fun from milking the system to crush all opposition, I much enjoy building and experimenting with unconventional character builds and making odd roleplaying stories in my head.

So with that in mind, what are some of the more memorable characters or builds you have played?

In my most current party, I have:
    Elf Fighter 4/Ranger x
    Aasimar Monk x/Cleric x
    Deep Gnome Rogue x
    Human Bard x
    Elf Druid x
    Elf Necromancer x

I know, mostly not too interesting build-wise. But I am having a lot of fun:
    - the Ranger is surprisingly able in combat
    - Monk/Cleric is kind of useless, though I'm hoping with some levels she will improve to be an arse-kicking holy warrior, able to self-buff and heal
    - Deep Gnome rogue deals fantastic sneak damage
    - Necromancer is fun - I'm actually utilizing all those touch spells and they're very neat when they do go off. Anyone tried a Fighter/Necromancer?
    - Bards are traditionally used as buffers, but any reason why they can't be a decent spellsword? I've played a Fighter 4/Bard x before, but I never got very far - viable option?

Okay, YOUR TURN

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really enjoyed my half-orc barbarian/cleric (equal levels of each) and teifling monk.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Half-Orc Barbarian/Bard is fun, but not optimal. Even level-ups. But who cares, right? Rage is like buffing with Bulls Strength. Imagine your Half-Orc Barb/Bard singing away as he cuts a swath through his enemies with a greataxe. Pre-battle buff, don armor, Rage and swing away. Barb/Sorc would fit this role nicely as well, though I never tried it.

Halfling Rogue/Cleric of Mask. Good little backstabber he was. Reminded me of Jak from the Erevis Cale trilogy.

Human or Half-Elf Paladin of Mystra/Wizard. Even level ups. Pure melee combatant. Arcane magic to boost his fighting prowess and mirror Image/Stoneskin/Blur.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My Half-Orc Barbarian 1/Bard X was one of my most useful characters in a recent runthrough actually. He was quite deadly with his greatsword, and the arcane buffs dramatically enhanced his staying power.

5. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I actually like the Druid/Bard combo, especially in a diplomat role. Talking animals ftw.

6. Tharlok Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I actually wanted to try out something completely different - no Fighter(4)/Barbarian X this time. So I tried a couple of combinations until I found one that looked really bad (but increadible funny). Surpringsingly enough, this group of adventures are actually quiet good...

Slings R Us (no bows or crossbows for these merry fools):

Thumpy No-No - Gold Dwarf Sorcerer x - Yes, he can cast spells but he doesn't really want to. Melee is what he likes.

Denir De Marone - Fighter 3/Enchanter X - Fighter/Mage was great in BG II and here... it isn't. But it doesn' stop this drow. No pathetic evocation spells - charm person, dire charm etc rule!

Lazy Larry - Bard 5/Druid x - Larry has only 12 in Cha - he doesnt really like to cast spells. He is more of a singer. Still, Mirror Image is useful when he takes his trusted halberd into melee.

Bizzy Lorden - Paladin 3/Rogue x - Yes, she is small and while using a greatsword looks ridiculous, it doesn't stop her.

Forgan Le May - Paladin 1/Painbearer of Ilmater x - Just because she says "You will suffer - suffer greatly".

Bro Cklesnar - Half-orc Monk x. Funniest build ever! Uses stunning attack and THEN gets his greataxe - Torak was mighty surprised (and dead) as he became the first victim of Bro's strange tactics.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.