1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Frustration

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by aerilon, Aug 22, 2002.

1. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I keep starting new games and deleting my old ones, I deleted the one where the druid had gotten to 30 on HOF mode because it just wasn't any fun anymore. Things were either a pushover, or nearly impossible(any creatures that could only be hit by magic weapons were incredibly annoying, since I don't recall any summoned creatures that hit as magic weapons, so he had to rely solely on magic spells). So I want to start a new one. On Insane difficulty. Now I just need to figure out my party.

I'm considering a party of three.

Human Fighter/Cleric, will dual him over at level 6 so he has Mastery in both Maces and Missile weapons. That way he can use that mace, Three White Doves I think the name is, and have a decent ranged attack.

Human Fighter/Thief, again, dualled over at level 6, with Mastery in both Small Swords(for Blood Iron, now if only someone would tell me where to find it), and Bows.

Bard(not sure what race, am thinking human to keep it constant) with points in crossbow, spear, and halberd, to keep her back from the front line.

-

I would also like to start a party with only one human and the rest nonhumans... for that one I'm thinking the following.

Human Paladin, points in Long Sword, and Great Sword, for Pale Justice when he gets it, and other nice two handed, or bastard swords. Not sure if I should even give him a point in ranged weapons or not, if I do it'll be Missile Weapons so he can use a shield with a sling. I may give him points in Maces for Three White Doves too.

Halfling Fighter/Thief, points in Small Swords for Blood Iron, and Bows.

Half-Elven Bard, with points distributed similarly to other bard.

You'll notice similarities in both parties. Why? Because I think that this gives a party everything it really needs in IWD. It gives a thief for traps, it gives fighters for the brawling, a healer for downtime and turning undead(Cleric in the first, Paladin in the second), and a spellcaster. The Bard can handle the spellcasting for the group. I don't think magic is as helpful in IWD as it was in BG2 as far as it's use offensively in combat goes, but I do think it could be very useful as enhancement spells prior to combat, like Haste, which the bard can handle quite readily.

What's your opinion?

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.