1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

From ranger to arcane archer - what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Blue, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I wanted to make an Arcane Archer, so I made an elf ranger (chaotic good). Is Ranger the best way to go? (It seems logical, but...)

At first I gave him two levels Ranger, then one level Wizard. To make him able to cast both Ranger and Wizard spells, I gave him good points in both wisdom and intelligence. When he got his Wizard level, I was able to pick spells for him at once - cantrips and level 1.

1. The handbook says he should have received Ranger spells both at his first and second level. But he has never had ANY Ranger spells at ALL - both his spellbook and radial menu is empty. (He wears light armour and no shield.) What am I doing wrong?

2. I want to go as straight as possible to the Arcane Archer, so I've already given him Point Blank shooting and Weapon Focus Longbow. The only thing I lack now is Base Damage bonus. It's presently on +1, and must reach +6. How does he increase that value? Continue as a Ranger, or should he have some Fighter levels? At which level will he be able to become an Archer?

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

1. A ranger starts receiving spells at level 4. Take a look at the spells per day table in appendix A (in my version of the manual it is page 163). - means no spells and 0 means only bonus spells if your stat is high enough.

2. BAB increases with level. A ranger has the same progression as fighter (+1/level) so you should stick with ranger.

[ August 12, 2003, 07:04: Message edited by: Zorac ]

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

At level 3 (ranger 2/wizard 1), your character should have a BAB of +2. If you take 4 more levels of ranger, or 3 levels of ranger and one level of wizard, he'll have a BAB of +6. You'll be able to take the first Arcane Archer level at character level 8.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.