1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Friday 13th

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Advanced Simplicity, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Advanced Simplicity Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Well the day we all dread is upon is again!
    I'm fine so far, halfway through the day, been a ****ty day at work though, but that hardly qualifies as bad luck.

Anyone had any unlucky (or maybe lucky) happenings today?

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, it was my birthday today, and so all was fine. Won some money, even.

3. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

This morning I opted for driving to work with my car instead of the public transport I usually take. At first I thought "damn, the central locking system is broken". :( Then I realized the power windows weren't working anymore. :mad: WTF?!

It turned out I was lucky: my battery was down because I left the turn signal on after I I parked my car yesterday evening... :rolleyes: It only took me about three quarters of an hour to have a cab driver fix me and send me off to work again... *sigh...*

BTW, congratulations, Aikanaro.

4. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Happy B-day, Aikanaro!

Nothing bad has happened to me yet, except that I'm at work... ;)

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Nothing wrong so far, everything is fine.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nothing yet, but the day's still young.

And happy birthday, Aik!

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    My luck was fine, but I can't say the same for the passengers of the train that broke down earlier. They were loaded onto our train - which happened to be a car short today. Needless to say, the ride was cozy. :rolleyes: I'm glad I get on early enough in the route to get a seat!

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm spending the WHOLE day in here. LOL :lol: :grin: :spin: :roll: :rolling:

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Just got up and nothing bad has happened, although I did come off my bike while avoiding a cat the other day bending the handlebars, footbrake, foot rest, and the brake light connections funky and stays on all the time.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bel, even before I clicked your link, I thought that was gonna be it. :p :D

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    ;) I'm getting predictable in my old age...

12. Splunge

Media:
    Nah, I'm just jealous that I didn't think of it first. :(

Edit: oh, and I just spilled some coffee. Glad I got that over with.

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

We were doing grafting in my Floriculture class today, and I cut my left index finger with my budding knife. FIVE TIMES!! Twice over the same cut!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You bunch of supersticious friday the 13th believers you :nono: :rolleyes:

15. Splunge

Media:
    When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer.
    Superstition ain't the way.
    (Hey hey hey)

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Hey its payday today. As long as I get my money, I'm good. :money:

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Nothing like that, really. Today has been a day like many other days I've had. I don't believe in luck or lack of luck. Even very improbable things, having probability like 0.0001, become 1 once they happen. Things that have probability of 0.9999 become 0 when they happen. Statistically, a chance of 1 in 100 has to come true in 1 case out of each 100. And a 99 in 100 is bound to fail in 1 case out of each 100. Does it happen to you or to me or to whomever, it still has to happen to someone.

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I like Friday the 13th! Someday I feel a lit less miserable when I see people looking arround with a face that says: What will happen to me?

And there were no annoying custumers today and my boss was really mellow to! It was a good day now ending with Hoegaarden Pringles M&M's and Kittie!

19. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I am in the middle of a hurricane. :( Does that count?

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I'm going to see the Phillies play the San Francisco Giants...*sigh* Another loss...The horror!

Hang in there Xenecor!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.