1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

For dark film buffs

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I managed 3 right answers, then I gave up.

3. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Not bad. I think most of the riddles are quite obvious. I'm just not good with horror movies.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    I'm on 31 at mo. There are some I just don't have a clue with.

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I got 26 now. Some are just to hard for me.

I feel that I should know the guy with the lamp and Death. But no title I remember fits.

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    I figured the guy with the lamp as The Shining.

I can't think what the death guy is though...

7. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Right, got all of em... the bloody bats had me confused though... it took me 15 minutes to realise they were bloody BIRDS!

8. Da Rock Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Managed to get 40.

As Barmy Army says, some I don't have a clue about - I think the two men on the 39 steps is probably the most difficult (for me).

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I got to 40 before I realized I'd just wasted nearly 30 minutes. ;)

I'll try again tomorrow. The ones that are killing me are the green M&M girl, the lady dangling her kid, and the pencil guy in the corner. If anyone knows these, please drop me a hint - don't tell me outright. I feel proud to have gotten 40 on my own.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have ground to a halt at 23. No idea about the M&M juggling the coins, the face in the tower, the guy with the basket on his head, or any of the ones that DR mentioned.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ HB - two quick hints...

What kinds of coins are they, what do they add up to? Say it out loud.

What is the basket made of? (newer movie)

12. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

M&M girl: what is she wearing?
    Lady with kids: I thought this was 'Mommie dearest'. As it turns out I was wrong but not by much...
    Pencil guy: you almost have it :D

13. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I tried "Devil in a Blue Dress" and it didn't work. Another hint?

Oh yeah - and the tall house with the light on on the left hand side...killing me too. Also - have no idea about death in the circle fence thing. "Circle of Death" was a no-go. Also - the little dude with a telescope on the top floor of that shack. The dark passageway in the bottom right is also making my brain itch, because I'm sure it's incredibly simple.

As a side-note - Barmy, this is one of the coolest things I've seen online in a long time. Kudos.

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

DR Green M&M try a cloth type, death guy think Stephen King and guy with telescope think Hitchcock.

I've got 18 so far, and yes Barmy well done this is fun.

EDIT: 40 and struggling.

[ September 25, 2006, 13:31: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Still stuck on 23.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I got to 17 off the top of my head. Funny thing is, I hate hooro movies and haven't seen most of the films in this puzzle - I know them from seeing trailers or ads! :lol:

@DR - re the green M&M girl, think David Lynch

Up to 20...

@Da Rock: The answer is in your question! ;)

What's the deal with the flock of earmuff-wearing sheep?

[ September 25, 2006, 15:40: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

17. Death Rabbit

Media:
    @ Rally - What's another word for sheep, and what do earmuffs do?

Thanks for your hint about the green M&M girl, I got it - but since I've never heard of that film, I wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. I feel dirty. :(

I'm at 43 now.

ALSO - I need a hint about the three kids dancing in a circle. Anybody?

[ September 25, 2006, 16:18: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

18. DarkStrider

Hints please

1. The moths/butterflies on the right hand side?
    2. The people with the O's?
    3. The three guys with the plan?
    4. Mother & Kids?
    5. Water barrel?
    6. Kids Dancing?
    7. The thing in water?
    8. Coins (couldn't get it from your hint DR)?
    9. The guys standing back to back on the steps?
    10. The Tunnel?

19. Death Rabbit

Media:
    1. Do they have an 'effect?'
    2. They're all men.
    3. They are boys, and it's a map.
    4. --
    5. What shade is the water? (recent movie)
    6. --
    7. Another word for "monster," and what is he in? (older movie)
    8. I don't know how it is in most of Europe, but in the US we refer to our loose change as "cents."

4, 6, 9 and 10 I still need good hints on. Vuk seems to be the only one to do really well here. And I STILL have no idea about the guy with a telescope. "Vertigo" is the closest I've come, and that's not it. I guess that, the mountain peak at the top and the tall house on the far left mean I have 7 left, not 5.

EDIT so now I'm down to 4. I figured out the mountain peak (or, should I say "peaks" ;) ) and for some reason the cabin I was talking about is no longer clickable, so my bad. So once I get the hints on 4, 6, 9, and 10 I should be a happy monkey.

[ September 25, 2006, 16:32: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

20. DarkStrider

Telescope man is a Hitchcock movie with James Stewart, and if that's not enough where is what he's looking out of in relation to the house.

Thanks for the help I miscounted on the 'pennies'

I've obviously not seen the films with the boys and map, or the water one; but I have got no 10. A quote from the film "How do you get eyes like that"...

:doh: Monday brain yes I have seen that one, the Connelly I managed to guess.

I'm left with dancing kids, the Mum and the two guys.

[ September 25, 2006, 16:59: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.