1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Flail of the Ages +5 with Improved Haste...buggy?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Faraaz, May 21, 2005.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I cast Improved Haste on my F/M/C character who was dual-weilding FotA +5 and Crom Faeyr +4. Because of the Free Action property of the +5 variant, I think Improved Haste has no effect on him...the same is the case with Haste.

If I remove FotA and then Haste him, then re-equip, I still don't get the extra attacks, which I 'should' be getting.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

2. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Crom Faeyr is +5, not +4.

3. Alehldean

Alehldean For humanity's sake, please keep all appendages

Anything that grants you free action cancels out any type of haste. Short of hacking some items or cheating, there is no "fix".

Sorry.

4. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

I'm pretty sure CF is +4...atleast, it gives a +4 to THAC0, so I assumed it is a +4 weapon. Though I could be wrong...

5. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

No it's +5 to THAC0, but my game/computer may be buggy.
    but bad thing is only +3 damage......

And good thing about that bug is that boots of speed stacks with free action......
    and one more:If Free Action + Haste doesn't work, will Haste + Free Action work?

[ May 22, 2005, 15:28: Message edited by: Chickavalier ]

6. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

There is also a Maximum of 5 attacks per round (only whirlwind attack sets it higher)

7. Alehldean

Alehldean For humanity's sake, please keep all appendages

@Chickavalier

As per the rules; the free action would cancel the haste, regarless of which was applied first. Though there may me a bug that allows both to be applied. I've heard of something regarding the boots of speed and a ring of free action, but they had to equipped in the correct order and anytime you reloaded it had to be redone. Seems too much trouble to me and slides into the cheese realm.

8. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

But free action never got off and boots of speed haste still worked everytime I reload

9. Juaqeen Roukas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

IIRC, if a character has an item which grants free action that character can still use the Bracers of Blinding Strike to get improved haste. I could be wrong though.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Ah well...

@Gromul: Mate, equip Belm+2 and any other Scimitar in the off hand for a character who has Grandmastery in Scimitars, cast Improved Haste and see what happens...

20 rounds of ten attacks per round! Hallelujah! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.