1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Flail of Ages and Monk ?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sir Ai Rayzor, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have a Monk and I want him to use the Flail of Ages.. But he can't..

Why ?

It requires 13 STR - I have 18

It says: "Not usable by Thief, Druid, Mage"
    I can use one-handed weaponry.

Something I missed ?

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes. The only weapons monks can use are those allowed by the thief class, and only one handed weapons at that (ie, no bows, crossbows, or staves). No flails.

3. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

:eek: :(

Well.. That clarifies it all..

Thanks! :)

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't forget though, that they CAN use Katanas. Pick up Celestial Fury when you get a chance. Or, just stick with fists. They're the best weapons in the game.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yes... it sucks roleplaying-wise, but they can't use staves. They're sort of kung-fu masters... with no staves allowed. Rubbish. Good thac0 for katanas still. But of course Death Rabbit is right - monk's fists are the best weapon in the game. I've heard of 84 damage late in ToB.

Edit: Actually they're unable to gain any proficiency in katanas (straight from weapprof.2da)

6. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

7. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I don't want to spoil the fun for you...just be thorough when you search the Temple District, above ground. When someone tells you you're uninvited, stay awhile and see what happens.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Celstial Fury is in the Slavers Compound in the Temple District. You have to fight a bunch of high-level NPC's, and I don't remember the name of the one who is carrying the weapon. Anyway, unless you turn the difficulty way down, it's not an easy fight in the beginning of Chapter two. I usually don't do it until right before I go to the Asylum, and sometimes I even wait until Chapter 6.

9. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

Thanks again!

I guess i'm of then - playing BG2

C'ya :) :) :) :) :) :)

10. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Dude - way to spoil the fun for him!! :mad: :p

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Deathrabbit

How did I spoil the fun? I barely offerred any information you did not. The only thing I added was it was hard. How does that spoil anything? Besides, he already found the thread which probably gave much more information than me, and in the first place, he asked!

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    @ Aldeth

I was mostly kidding. I just gave him a vague answer because I stumbled onto it, and was very pleasantly surprised with my little "reward" for such a hard fight. There's no real way to find it in the game unless you're outright exploring as it's not a clear part of any quest. The slaver quest in the slums doesn't lead you there directly, that's all. I posted that right after you did, and didn't catch that he'd looked it up anyway. And yeah you did tell him more than I did. You told him exactly where to go and to be prepared for a tough battle against high-level enemies, hence...surprise ruined.

But evidently, he didn't give a rat's ass about surprises anyway. :rolleyes:

13. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

Yes I do...

Its just that I'm very eager to kill the Golems at De'Arnise - and if this weapon is sufficient to kill them, then I will get it.

But I appreciate that you would'nt spoil the fun for me :)

Thank you very much for your advice - really appreciate it ;)

(I'm by the way stuck killing a "Glabrezu" that is summoned in this Compound - any help again? :o )

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Cast Death spell if you can, or Fog of Death. They unsummon ANY summoned creatures. If you don't either (even in a scroll) I'd cast something like Greater Malison and/or Lower Resistance to bring down his resistance and saving throws (more vulnerable to your weapons and spells). Also, if you have a cleric that can cast level 5 spells (I think), a Bolt of Glory should do the trick.

What party do you have anyway?

[edit: Woops - forgot you were soloing a Monk. I don't know what to tell you then, sorry! :D ]

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Check what weapons you have (as per thief class) and choose something nice if plain fist damage with no additional effects won't help you. It works sometimes...

16. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

SPOILER:

The guy who wields it is named Koshi and he seems to be a Kensai.

So there.

*ducks*

17. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I must say that any good created character with a good weapon can deal 84 damage at the end of ToB.

18. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

On criticals sure :rolleyes: :grin: :grin:

19. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

@ Deathrabbit

I also have Nalia in my party as part of the quest at De'Arnise.

But she hasnt really got any spells worth talking about.

Is the Glabrezu unsummoned at any time ?

How long ?

20. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah he is unsumoned but just kill him. Protection from evil=smackdown. Or just use an invisibility pot right and stealth and let the Glaberzu kill everyone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.