1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fire away...

Discussion in 'Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone' started by Taluntain, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] With the recent announcement of a port of this game to the PC, it became a subject of our coverage, so here's a forum for it.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

As far as I know, this is a hack'n'slash game, right?

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From the previews, it looks interesting.

Anybody have any info on the following?:

It seems that when you finish a level, you get to decide how you are going to upgrade your 3 characters, correct?

Also, I'm unclear how we would control all three characters at the same time, since the control mechanics seem to be different from BG, IWD, etc. Any info on that?

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Isn't this the game where RA Salvatore has a say in the development or at least a minor influence?

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmm, the story has promise, although I'm not sure I understand the character-switching bit. Plus, it sounds like you don't have much in the way of character generation options.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Salvatore is involved.

One thing - it's being developed by the same company that developed PoR. :eek:

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea, Salvatore supposedly wrote the story, and some celebrities like Patrick Stewart are doing the voice acting. More info at http://www.atari.com/us/games/demonstone/playstation2

And no, since this will be a port of a console game, don't expect much in terms of character generation. Console games are by default much simpler than anything on the PC. Still, could be fun... unless Stormfront makes a mess with this one too.

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hmm, Salvatore is involved, it is Hack'n Slash, and it's being developed by Stormfront?

I guess it's back to Baldur's Gate for me.

9. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but I keep forgetting what "PoR" stands for - somebody enlighten me here please...
    :borg:

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Pools of Radiance - a much maligned game.

11. Sirus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sounds like good mindless fun. The Lord of the Rings Games were pretty awesome.

12. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Salvatore's writing will help the game. I'll more than likely rent it someday.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

as i understand it from the PS2 version's reviews, while you're using one character, the other 2 will act of their own accord to "complement" your actions. sounds terrific, but i doubt this.

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

This alone will make it the greatest game ever. :lol:

15. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

There is no reason why this wouldn't work or wouldn't be implemented, there are already many games that successfully implemented that.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Games with character levelling that differ from the standard IE or Aurora approach are always a nice change. Loved KotOR so much... not sure if it would be remotely as good with all the stuff you have in a classic cRPG. Note that it still was, technically, a cRPG game with all the different career options. It only had a different approach.

17. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@Caleb: The Chosen : yeah. me 2.

18. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I think it will be a very good game, you get to control Drizzt, and travel to interesting places like Chult and Mithral Hall.

Salvatore also said that some of the characters from the game may appear in his later books.

19. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Then Entreri and Jarlaxle better be in the game :cool:

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@meatdog

what i meant was how could an AI possibly know what you have planned? i'm sure it could provide support (ex, if you attack head-on it will follow or cast spells) but i doubt that it could execute real strategies. For instance, if you played the warrior and planned to attack head-on while your mage provided magical support, intending for your thief to get past the enemy line unnoticed, how could the AI possibly anticipate this? Granted in the PS2 there wont be much choice, controlling 3 characters at the same time on this console would be tedious, but perhaps for the PC version, it should remain the standard "you control everyone" kind of thing?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.