1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finding a DnD group

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by kuemper, May 2, 2007.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] What can I do to find a group to play DnD with? My first group went their separate ways (2 moved far, far away).

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Put an ad in the paper, maybe the WotC site has a board for that, organize a group for the chatroom, convert friends who aren't into it at the moment...there's a lot you can do, but none of it is simple or easy. :bad:

3. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I run a game by e-mail. It works okay if the players are active...

5. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The wizards boards have a subforum for group requests. Try your luck there.

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Some gaming shops will also run things for "players seeking other players". It almost assures you'll find someone close by.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    A bunch of us used to play DnD in the Minstrel's Medallion chatroom here...But it's been years (since 3.0 came out, I think). Try to get a group from here to play.

I don't really have time for PnP anymore (hell, I don't have time for pc games anymore), but I'm sure you could find 6-7 people willing to play. The key will be finding a DM. Baldak Oakfist was the DM for us in the chatroom - He was really good and fun! Two key ingredients for D&D IMHO.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

There are 2 (that I know of) gaming/comic book stores in town, but I just wasn't positive if those were the places to find people.

PBP or email games just don't give me a thrill anymore and PBP is what my old group is "supposed" to be doing. :rolleyes: The guy who is supposed to upkeep the site is MIA and no one talks by email anymore. Then again, they could just not be talking to *me* by email. :p

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You've got everything you need to run RP games right here on SP - either via the message boards, or the chatroom. You just need to gather a few people, but I don't think that that should be too hard either.

10. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I still run a game on-line. If you are interested, drop me a line.

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.