1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finally Shadow of Amn Finished After Several Months! Hurray

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Night_Heaven, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Night_Heaven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] GOD...this has been an amazing couple of months.
    I manage finnaly to beat Irenicus in Hell.
    Lots of quests and situations I wouldn't dream about. Soo many characters.
    Now...I am at the first day in Throne of Bhall. I love all the characters and i like to change them as much as i can>one fight with one...one fight with another.
    What can I say?No game keeped me soo much in the front of the computer. Ha, neither Neverwinter Nights or other new game.
    Now..I don't want spiolers but how is Throne of Bhall? Have you any advices? :) I really want to finish this game as it is one of the games I love the most.

Sorry for spelling english is not a native language.

[ August 24, 2006, 00:59: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Frankly, it's not as good as SoA, but there are moments that you won't forget. If you've been romancing someone, expect quite some changes in their character.

And otherwise, ToB is fairly less non-linear and more hackn'slash-oriented than its predecessor. But overall, you're in for a good treat. Enjoy!

3. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

SoA is somehow better, overall feeling in it. maybe developers got tired of BG and wanted to finish it quickly to move on. I don't know. Maybe it's me who is tired to play at that point. It's all about getting bigger swords. I can't get kicks from killing umpteeth yellow-flowery-dragon once again.

IMO that "epic level-thing" doesn't convert to IE-crpg so well. ToB is still worthy ending of saga though.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There are a few interesting story twists in ToB plus there are loads and loads and loads of new superpowered magic items to play with, if you like that sort of thing.

5. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The best things of ToB are the upgradeble items, although not so cheap, and Watcher's Keep
    What a dungeon that is, best dungeon in the whole BG serie.
    Although I love Sarevok too.

6. Brettoni Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I agree that TOB is disapointing compared to SoA. You just get too powerful in my mind, alhtough testing out some of the new HLA is kin of cool. Plus it's way too linear compared to SOA.
    What hurts TOB the most in my mind is that everyone is such high levelled from the start it becomes a little absurd.
    But I have to admit as well that Wathcher's keep makes it worth it. The regular TOB adventure is more: me get bigger weapon to kill bigger ennemy.
    To conlcude, TOB seems to have been conceived to satisfy Powergamers frustrated by SoA limits, plus you have to end the saga sometime.

7. Night_Heaven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well...I don't know what a powergamer is(I suppose is someone who plays to beat quiqly) but now I have beated that green woman and I am now in the pocketplane after the first test. I am romancing Viconia but is crazy because I am good. There is a little funny mephist or something in the pocketplane...it is soo funny what it does? I like all the characters but only Viconia and Cernd stay in my group since the beginning. Items are not interesting me much just the game itself and the characters. I am tadadaa...a sorcerer (I can't even tell you how hard was at the beginning with the selection of spells). Question: How I get of from this pocketplane?Just take the exit?I will come back here someday?

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Cespenar (the funny little mephit thing) mainly does what Cromwell did in SoA, upgrades weapons etc for you, at a price of course. Oh and he's your butler in the pocket plane, although he never seems to butle much :lol:

9. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There used to be a mod which made you possible to get Cespenar early in Soa, he came with a Efreeti Bottle, with that mod you could even upgrade more items, but don't know wich mod that was.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yes, but you've got to deal with Sarevok to get the knowledge to be able to. And once you've completed that first challenge, you'll gain an ability that allows you to come back to the Pocket Plane any time you want.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Pocket Plane will be your new stronghold (kinda) you can retreat to the place for rest, and as the story goes, you will face COOL tests and challenges which will help you unlock your true potential as a Bhaalspawn. (isn't this really cool!)

Caspenar is very important, he will make and upgrade items for you, if you have the neccesary components, he can craft the mightiest weapons and most sturdy armors in the game! For a small fee, though. Him being really funny is just a bonus! :)

ToB is good enough, but I find some of the battles lacking in difficulty, perhaps it is due your party becoming too strong, so I have Ascension and Oversight to make main bosses really tough. Now every battle is a major challenge and unparalled fun no matter how strong my party or how many times I have beaten the game. You can try this mod (and many others) once you are able to finish original ToB at least twice...

And one final note, Viccy romance is hard in ToB. Very hard and challenging. But also very rewarding if you do things right, you will be in a 'good' suprise. I had tears in my eyes when Viccy did....well, no spoilers here, play and see yourself! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.