1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fighter-Druid dualclass : Why Not????

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by davycop, Sep 24, 2001.

1. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The manual says I can dual any valid multiclass combination, provided I have the right stats and alignment. But I can't dual a fighter to a druid, even though fighter-druid is a valid multiclass.

I want to dual a fighter to a druid...any way to do it? I've tried gatekeeper but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks.

2. sorvo Guest

Are you human?

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I don't really know. I suppose you are Neutral and you are Human? Hmm strange.... When you already started and still want to multiclass to Fighter/Druid, it is possible to use GateKeeper for this.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited September 24, 2001).]

4. davycop Gems: 3/31

I'm human and true neutral. My stats are ok.

Charisma 18
    Strength 18
    Wisdom 14

I think there's some kind restriction with druids but I haven't seen it mentioned in the manual or anywhere else.

Has anyone dual classed this combination? Please let me know. I'll give up the idea if no one has done this.

It just occured to me that my wisdom may be below the requisite level. A druid's prime stats is charisma so I thought wisdom doesn't matter. But I'll just check if wisdom is important

[This message has been edited by davycop (edited September 24, 2001).]

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Wisdom should be high enough. I suppose you can only play Fighter/Druid dual class (Jaheira is a dual classed fighter/druid) does anyone know the reason why you can't multi class to fighter/druid?

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You got that backwards Headbanger: Jaheira is multiclassed.

Once again (for the umteenth time ;) ) the dual-class stat prerequisite rule: You need at least 15 in the prime stats of your current class and at least 17 in the prime stats for the class you want to dual to. I believe Strength is the prime stat of a Fighter and Wisdom is the prime stat for a Druid. Your Wisdom is insufficient.

7. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

No, charisma is the prime stat for druids ("charisma is important for the druid, bard and paladin"), though wisdom is important too, since that's what affects the number of spells.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Charisma is high enough... I think BTA is rigth and Wisdom is the problem... hmm sorry for the mistake about Jaheira :) It was early when I said that.

You can of course Raise your Wisdom one point with Shadowkeeper but I don't think taht is necessary. There is more then one Tome of Wisdom in the game, so soon your Wisdom is high enough to multiclass to a Fighter/Druid. When you also have TotSC you can even increase Wisdom with 3 permanently. I think that's the solutions for you!

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well to get around these stupid class restrictions for dual classing (fine, fine, I've been playing and reading third edition too much...so sue me) simply use gatekeeper to up the wisdom to 17, dual the character over, then use gatekeeper to lower it to 14. That's kinda what I had to do with my mage in IWD. I wanted to make an a fighter/mage with weak str(14) and con (12), decent dex (15) and great int(18). When I go to dual the guy...D'oh!!! I forgot all about the prime requesite rule. By that time I was level six, so I said screw it and went ahead and did the above to get the character I wanted. So to you, my friend, I can only say one thing....Screw it! Just use gatekeeper and get the character you want.

10. davycop Gems: 3/31

I managed to dual class my fighter to druid. My wisdom was too low. In the character creation screen, it says charisma is the prime requisite for druids (at least it implies it). It says wisdom is the prime requisite for priests. That's the problem. I was misled.

Also, a high wisdom only gives extra spells to a priest. A druid does not receive any extra spells for high wisdom. I checked it out using gatekeeper.

Thanks everyone. I was starting a new character and this was holding me back. Now I can really get into it.

11. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

umm, no offense anyone, but wouldnt it just be simpler to dual to a cleric?? IMO dont they have better spells??

12. davycop Gems: 3/31

I think Cleric have better spells too. But I've already played with cleric once. I am creating a druid to take all the way to TOB. I want to try out their shapeshifting abilities. In TOB, apparently druids are awesome.

13. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Yes, yes I like this idea. Take a humble role in BG only to take no prisoners in ToB. Druids rule!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.