1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fear and courage!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Padeen Dragonblade, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Waht are you afraid of the most andwhat are you less afraid of than what other people are?
    You can send millions of fears but not too many!

Me:
    Fear: Nothing

Courageous: Well.....spinning sharp objects around me! Many people say that they wouls never do it!
    Snakes! I once got a snake(Whipsnake) put on my hand at a snake farm and nobody else whanted to do that!
    Spiders! Many people seem to hate or be afraid of them!

Anything is accepted as long as it's on topic(Sorry for being bossy)

Padeen Dragonblade!

2. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'm really scared of spiders and other insects, and a bit afraid of heights. Then again, I'm not the least afraid of snakes. I sometimes grab snakes in the neck and throw them at my sister :evil:

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Padeen, if someone pointed a gun at you, you'd coware on the floor, just like anyone of us. No one is scared of nothing.

Scared of: Spiders, guns, knifes, death, heights, illness... and many other things.

Not scared of: Rodents, bullys, paintballing, scuba-diving and many other things :)

[ September 22, 2002, 17:18: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

4. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm afraid of sexual harrassment, rape etc., spiders, things that look really gross and slimy (ie: garbage among other things), guns, pocket knives (don't laugh, some people at my school really do carry knives and the likes to their classes), my geography teacher(if you saw her, you'd be scared too).

5. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

afraid of roller coasters and creeps who harm children

not afraid of making a mistake

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Fears:
    Injections
    Mother
    School
    Losing things
    Mosquitos
    Small spaces
    Not having friends
    Waking up with something missing :heh: (I wake up and the first thing I thinks is - do I have all my fingers still.)

Anti-fears
    Death
    Snakes
    Arachnids
    Any vicious animals (except mosquitos)
    Fire
    treating grown ups like everyone else, why should they be treated differently from children?
    Being alone
    Criminals
    Spiders
    Voicing my opinions.

I'm not scared at someone pointing a gun at me. I know you may think me foolish I just don't find things like that frightning, It's an inconvenience because It means I'll get held up from doing stuff, anyway I wasn't afraid before :heh:

7. Ayla Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

isn't it strange? most people get more frightened the bigger the spider gets, shouln't it be the otherway around? I mean, a real big spider is easier to see than those smal ones. Smal ones can crawl up on your leg or something before you notice, I'm not very afraid of spiders but I can imagine how a person that is would react.. So my point being, you would se a big spider before it got to you and you would smash it under your shoe.. ehh, right?

oh, those jehovah-people that knocks on my door to try to convert me to their wierd religon are Very creepy. That's something to be afraid of... :nolike:

8. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

S Goddess, you are afraid of garbage? Why?

I am afraid of heights. If I get more than 2 feet off the ground I get nervous.

I also have a fear of my ex dying. Seriously. We remained close friends after we broke up, and see each other quite often. But sometimes, when I'm just laying here thinking, I become very afraid that she will die. I get quite nervous about it, imagining how I would feel. Does anyone else experience this?

I'm also afraid of being mutilated by a psycho. Getting shot or stabbed doesn't make me tht afraid (although it would suck), but the thought of being sliced up by a killer makes me tremble.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm a bit afraid of heights, though it is between a certain range, low heights I'm afraid of high heights I don't mind

I have one true fear that Nobody knows though, and never will

10. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Things I hate or am afraid of:
    Clowns (serious.)
    Snakes
    Very small areas
    Huge areas
    Insects
    My father sometimes
    Opening up to people
    Maniacs and pervs
    Love
    Myself sometimes
    Walk under ladders, crushing mirrors etc.
    My dreams
    Drowning

Things I am not afraid of:
    Death
    Knives
    High hights
    Computers ;)
    Fire
    Being alone
    Ghosts...
    Maybe some more things.

11. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You'd be afraid of garbage if you saw what my mom puts in it!

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

For some reason I always feel very uneasy around waxworks.

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Scared of:

Spiders
    Death
    Failure
    Heights
    Loneliness

Courageous with:

Snakes
    People's problems
    Er....

14. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Fears: Spiders(YUCK)
    Pool of Radiance (YUCK YUCK YUCK!!)
    Mosquitoes(kinda annyoing)
    Dentists(HEEEEEEELP)
    Injections(MOOOOOM!)

15. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31

Fears: Helplessness
    Vulnerability
    ...That's about all I can think of, but they're pretty broad.

Non-fears: Failure
    Blades
    Clowns
    JW's
    Heights

16. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I Fear:

Igorance
    Bad Grammar
    Rednecks

17. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

i often hear people being afraid of hieghts (acrophobia), personally i'm not really afraid of heights... but i am afraid of falling.
    slimmy-looking creatures such as frogs and lizards, i'm not afraid of them but yicks! i can feel my hairs standing already. they really gives me the creeps.

not afraid of:
    eating cooked insects.
    eating "exotic" animals such as snakes, frogs, lizards, turtles and others... as long as they are not recognizable as such.

18. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

My brother-in-law is afraid of heights, so he won't fly in airplanes.

But, heck! Just a couple of months ago, I found out my sister is too! And she used to be a pilot!

Hello, shouldn't that be mutually exclusive? I dunno; it was for me...

Other than that, I'm scared of ladders. I'll climb up 40 feet in a tree with my hands and feet, but there's no way I'll use a ladder to reach up to the first branch. I'll shimmy up the trunk, or use a rope before I get a ladder.

I'm scared of ladders...

*shiver*

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.....

Scared:
    Bees, wasps, hornets and other things that buzz and sting
    Dentist
    Wells
    social situations

Not scared:
    Just about everything else

Ara
    (Defines antisocial)

20. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

@Z: no avtually i wouldnt be afraid!
    I'm not afraid of anything(Not spiders not hights not any type of weapon and DEFINATELY not afraid of death)

Padeen Dragonblade!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.