1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Spell!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

A team of mindlayers!!!? Ohhhh, that would be fun, or perhaps some friends for cernd hehe

Imagine Edwin... You Simions may refer to me as.... timestop/CC/PI/Shapy/MF, DIE!!! Whos more intellegent now boyo!!

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

HAHAHAHA! Now that's got to be the best idea ever! I believe I'll try that right now!

3. Fly2tHeSkY

Hey i was just wondering, because I might take Jaheria this time around (I need some 'perspective' here!), what are the best druid spells to pick. This includes all levels, even the HLA ones. Anyone?

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Ironskins is a druidic version of Stoneskin (hint hint). And I've always been partial to the Goodberry spell because it's portable HPs, though not nearly enough for a game with such high level (and HP) characters. I really wish they would have included Produce Flame, though; :( it was like a watered-down version of Melf's Minute Meteors, but it kept my weaker druids out of melee.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ironskins, Insect Plague, Creeping Doom, Summon Fire Elemental, Call Woodland Beings and Nature's Beauty. HLAs, there is only one and that's Greater Elemental Summoning - calls forth one of the 4 elemental princes/princesses as an ally. :thumb: Of course, don't overlook the quick leveling to get Heal.

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Fel, there is a mod that slightly improves goodberries to heal more hp's based on level. To a max of 15 per berry. quite handy and not too overpowered i think.

Anyway, druid spells I like are: Doom, Entangle, Call Woodland beings, Heal and Insect Plague.

If outdoors (not enough in the game unfortunatly) then Call Lightning. If using the spiffy Shapeshifter or Kensai/Druid then Barkskin is a must.

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Is Nature's Beauty the spell that turns the caster into a thing of great beauty that is capable of turning their enimies to stone? Sorry, I REALLY don't feel like finding the manual :D !

And if so, how many people use this during the game?

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

No it does not turn to stone, it KILLS if the victim fails a save vs spell at +3 bonus. (a weaker WoB) But the real pro is it blinds all in its radius permanently and without a saving throw! Cast it near a dragon, and it will be blinded, retrear, and he will not see you and stand idly! This works wonders on mages or any ranged attacker or big creature as well. Not to mention the blind takes -4 penalty to THAC0, AC, and MAYBE saves?

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Jaheria gets this spell eh ... I wonder why I never used it? Well, it could be due to the fact that i hardly ever use her! But now that I know i will! Thanks Silver! Oh yes, by the way, do people enjoy using the Mage and Cleric HLA's rather than the regular powerful spells?

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Comet hogs up those spell slots right after 2 Time Stops.

11. Fly2tHeSkY

Hey, i was wondering, is there a difference between the Level 10 spells, summon Planetar/Dark Planetar and summon Deva/Fallen Deva, or is it just their alignment in conjuction with the caster?

12. Felinoid

Yeah, there's a slight difference, but it's nothing to worry about unless you're a neutral caster.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

IIRC, it's the alignment of the caster, though weirdly Anomen (LN) had a choice to cast either of the Devas, but not as CN when I summoned him via the Fate Spirit. :nuts:

14. Fly2tHeSkY

Hahaha Anomen ... ohhh your funny Kuem!

Oh, what happens when you're neutral Fel?

15. Felinoid

If you're neutral, you get to pick which one you want, in which case you've actually got a decision to make. But if you're good or evil, there's no choice.

16. Fly2tHeSkY

So is there an ACTUAL difference between good and evil ones? :D

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

18. Felinoid

:shame: Yes there is. I've looked at them and some of the spells they have are different. (Holy Smite for a Planetar but not for a Dark Planetar, for instance.) There's a link on SP to a site that summarizes all the spells in the game; that might be of help choosing.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:o Sorry. I rarely use the spells from Devas or Planetars and if it actually gets to that point, I might as well reload.

20. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think it's the Daeva's that can be fun cannon fodder because they can blade barrier themselves. Turn it on and send them off to die in the middle of an enemy group.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.