1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite football team (soccer for some)

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Shaitan, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

[​IMG] Hi all!

Some of us got their fvourite football teams. Mine is FC København since it's the local major club. I attend some of their games and other I watch in TV. They are my fv team, because I think they play entertining football.

What's yours and why?

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Leeds United even though they've been relegated. My father is from Leeds and I always support my 'home side'. At least that's the English league level. Internationally it would have to be New Zealand -> England -> Australia -> Scotland -> Ireland -> Germany in that order or anyone playing France and/or Brazil. If Brazil and France are playing I cheer for the ref.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Everton and England, that's it no more no less.

4. Shaitan

:lol:

@DS why Everton? Why not Liverpool (I'm provoking to get a why answer :p )

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The simple answer is cause me dad supports Liverpool, and I've supported them all my life, and I get a season ticket every year and try and get to as many games as I can. The first Subbuteo team I ever bought was Everton, the first I ceremoniously burnt was Manchester Utd.

6. Shaitan

Subbuteo? You'll have to explain

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I once said I 'support' Feyenoord (I live near Rotterdam), and I'll stick with that, but the only player I could name has recently left the club for Liverpool.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Subbuteo is/was a football game where you flick the little plastic players across a little canvas pitch... yes, it was as **** as it sounds!

My team is Chesterfield FC. I go to most of the games (except the long away trips) and have a season ticket. I've supported them all my life through thick and thick (we have no thin). I always will do. We're **** but we're the Town!

I don't watch much Premiership, but the team I do look out for are Spurs. Simply because they are one of few clubs who are willing to take risks on good young English players from the lower leagues.

And obviously England internationally.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Feyenoord en in England it's West Ham, always has, always will.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have a soft spot for West Ham.
    How unnatural is that? Liking both Spurs and the Hammers... I'd get murdered by both!

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Football: Seattle.
    Soccer: Don't watch it.

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I'm glad you don't have a soft spot for Millwall Barmy, that would have been really bad. :shake:

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    PENN STATE, and whoever is playing either Notre Dame or the Dallas Cowboys.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    A woman after my own heart! And one that watches football to boot! The only time my wife has any interest in football games is when she points out how one of the players has a "cute butt" and I'm still confused as to how one determines that any man's butt could possibly be cute. But I digress...

THE WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

15. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Olympiakos because my father is a supporter, so naturally I have become one too. The same will happen with my children, firstly they will learn to say Olympiakos and afterwards mom and dad :D .

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

FC Barcelona

17. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Okay, besides the fact that this wasn't a pointyball thread, explain how they are worldchampions please...

18. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Blackburn Rovers. I have been suporting them since 91 I think. They even won the premier league once :) One of only 4 teams who has managed to do so. Not bad for a small club.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Internationally, it's Italy -> Germany -> Sweden -> Ireland -> Whoever face France

Clubs, it's Elfsborg IF -> Fiorentina -> Brescia -> AC Milan -> Juventus

As you can see, the bribing scandal tore me up inside. :(

20. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

They don`t call it CHEATalian football for nothing you know :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.