1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Deserts

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Baezlebub, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I used the word deserts because i despise the word 'candy', but that is generally what I am refering to. Favourite chocolate bar, lollies, ice cream, cakes etc.

Mine would have to be one of the following...

Crunchie - Honeycomb (fake lollie honeycomb stuff) covered by cadbury dairy milk chocolate.

Twix - Biscuit, then caramel, then chocolate. And there's two of them.

Cold Rock Ice cream, Australian Vanilla with Gumi Bear mix ins.

Cadbury chocolate.

Picnics - Peanuts, wafer, caramel covered by cadbury dairy milk chocolate.

Baclava - delicious in every way. Greek, I think. May be from Lebanon or Turkey. Good.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Moro bars are nice, I think most people should know what moro bars are, I might be wrong though :confused:
    Viking bars, sort of like moro bars but stronger flavour.
    Pine apple lumps, not the kind you get in Australia (and probably most other places) the proper kind.
    Does chewing gum count? Well if it does there's this type of chewing gum, which my mum gets through her work, from Japan. It's sooo nice.

3. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Of course chewing gum counts. Anything that you would not eat as a main course unless you were living with Willy Wonka counts.

I like Eclipse Green chewing gum.

RotKU, you'd get cadbury, wouldn't you? I know that it is not often exported, but I figured you would.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Yeah, how else do you think we'd have Moro bars. If it counts anything that wouldn't be eaten as a main course I will have to add fruit salad to my list. Nothing better like a nice bowl of fruit salad, as long as it's fresh.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, my favourite desert is Sahara.

But desserts... I love cheese cake! :D

As for sweets.... Well, I like chocolate, and I don't really have preferences over what I like. Maybe later I can think up something...

6. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Banana Split. Definitly my favourite. Then coup denmark.

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Strawberries with milk and sugar :D
    Yummy :D

8. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Banana Split here too, i have another one but i can't remeber the name...

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Tiramasu, apple crumble and any chocolate, German chocolate is nice :roll:

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Mmm... Gobi Cheesecake.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    If you're dealing with mass-produced candy, Peanut M&M's and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups win for me, hands down. Truffles and fine chocalte are in another class entirely, of course.

For desserts, what I like best depends on the dinner I just had. A heavy dessert like flourless chocolate torte doesn't go down well after a big dinner. Absent considerations of food, however, I like:
    Heath Bar or toffee ice cream
    Creme caramel
    Bread pudding or rice pudding
    Tiramisu
    New York Cheesecake
    Good pie: cherry, peach, apple, pumpkin...
    Lemon chiffon cake

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ice-cream drowned in advocat.

Coffee with advocat.

Coffee with whiskey (Irish is good).

Coffee and cake, preferably caramel or honey cake.

Coffee and ice-cream. In one or separate cups.

The pretty person I'm there with if I'm having my coffee outside.

13. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dean's Chocolate Moose Tracks - Chocolate ice cream, fudge ribbon, chocolate-covered peanut butter bites.

Warm peach cobbler ala mode is very good too.

14. New Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

A big bowl of spaghetti.

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Vanilla IceCream with hot choclate sauce
    Fruit bowl with choclate or strawberry sauce

Cadburys Temptation series
    for daily consumption nothing beats Nestle's Kitkat

Kulfi: its the original Indian icecream made from a condensed milk base
    Kulfi Falooda: Kulfi with lots a stuff thrown into make it more interesting
    If or when you guys come to India try these

Coffee

16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Chocolate Chip Cookies all the way

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Shrikanth: I LOVE kulfi! No matter how much I've eaten, I have some every time we go for Indian food! Come to think of it, I made some for a class party when we read "Nectar in a Sieve" waaaaaay back in junior high...

18. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My choise would be a bowl of strawberries (previously prepared with sugar and lemon juice, so that the strawberries juice comes out), covered with stracciatella ice-cream.
    For those who don't know: stracciatella is a vanilla ice-cream full of little black chocolate gems.
    Now I'm hungry....

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Guess what I have just done. I found myself in desperate need of caffeine, alcohol and ice-cream. So, I put some banana split (banana and chocolate mix) ice-cream in a cup, placed it in my coffee espresso and poured pina colada over generously. I feel like I had my own banana republic :xx:

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Cheesecake, Chocolate cake. Basically anything sweet except meringue which I can't stand, and anything with nuts :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.