1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

favorite mage/priest spells levels 1, 2 & 3

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by johnnybr1, Oct 25, 2006.

1. johnnybr1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i love:
    Summon monster 1 (mage) of level 3.
    Horror (mage level 3) helps a lot as well.
    Prayer (priest) is important before combat.
    Cure light & medium wounds (priest) is great
    What do you prefer?

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Mage level 1: identify,magic missile, chromatic orb, protection from evil, shield
    Mage level 2: strength, web, mirror image
    Mage level 3: haste,fireball,summon monster 1 (great for looting shortbows)

priest level 1: entangle, sunscorch, cure light wounds
    priest level 2: cure medium wounds, alicorn lance, draw upon holy might
    priest level 3: animate dead (long lasting, many immunities and can be looted), spike growth, call lightning, protection from fire

Some spells are only good in early parts of the game (the cure spells become useless at higher levels if you have the level 11 bard song for example) and some in later parts (they just don't last long enough for me at low levels)

3. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Magic Missile and Sanctuary are two of my favorite spells.

4. ister Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Others I like are grease, curse, magical stone (for undead), and slow.

5. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This game has given me a new appreciation for Agannazar's Scotcher. There are so many thrash mobs around I can usually hit between 4-7 at the same time. And it's fun killing 4 trolls with one spell :D .

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Lvl1:Magic missile and chromatic orb are deadly.

Lvl2:Mirror Image is very handy in every dangerous situation!

Lvl3:Haste and slow are BOTH very powerful!

7. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

to lazy to list them all, but atm im a great fan of: Grease, Entangle, Web and Spike Growth at the same time (killed Yxunumei and all her followers with just massing that tactic entire map in last game).

8. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Mage: Malavons Rage, Horrid Wilting

Priest: Symbol of Hopelessness, Entropy shield

[EDIT] Oh, level 1,2,3 only... Sorry :doh:

[ October 28, 2006, 21:12: Message edited by: Elvenblade ]

9. Otis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I never thought much of Cat's Grace, but in my current game I have a fighter/mage who finds it very useful for driving down AC another couple of points on the paladin. It makes a big difference in "Heart of Fury" mode whether a monster hits you only 1 out of 20 times (vs 1 out of 3)!

[ January 30, 2007, 04:51: Message edited by: Otis ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.