1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Evil Movie Clowns

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Dice, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've noticed that there are a lot of evil clown villains in movies. For some reason they seem just a little bit more evil for being something that is supposed to represent good wholesome entertainment. Visually they are interesting to look at and often they have odd and quirky characteristics to make them very entertaining villains.

Although I can think of a handful off hand I would have to say that Captain Spaulding in The Devil's Rejects seems to stand out in my mind. Dirty, sadistic, and rude but somehow he still has a special kind of charm.

Who are your favorite evil clowns?

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I figured out the reasoning for 'clowns are evil' fad over the past few decades - John Wayne Gacy.

Pennywise from It was extremely creepy.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a scifi weirdness.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

only evil clown movies i know of are it and funhouse.

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Xtro - Evil clown with a bendy, but leathal hammer.

5. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Pennywise from It takes the cake. Never liked clowns ever since. Kudos to Tim Curry.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Joker.

Pennywise would be a close second -- 'they all float down here.'

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yes, Jack Nicholson as the Joker is priceless!

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Bah, I never really understood why people seem to like Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker so much. I always thought it was too hammy and didn't really capture the Joker's creepy insanity very well.

Mark Hamill's Joker on the other hand was superb. He could go from mirthful to downright creepy at the drop of a hat - and his Joker laugh was just perfect.

I can't really think of anyone that hasn't been mentioned - Pennywise was good and you have to love the Killer Klowns.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I think he is going to play The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel, am I correct?

And does the Joker really count as a clown?

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hamill is one of the more commonly put forth names that has been circulating around the internet as the Batman Begins sequel Joker but as far as I know it is just speculation.

Oh and sure he is a clown - his most common nickname is "The Clown Prince of Crime". Hmm, I guess we could add Harley Quinn to the list.

Edit: I guess there was also that demonic clown in Spawn but that was just pathetic so I would have to say it would more appropriately belong in a least favourite evil movie clown list.

[ July 20, 2006, 21:14: Message edited by: JSBB ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.