1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Card Games

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by SoCo, Jun 13, 2003.

1. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Just Like the Subject says.
    What is your favorite Card Games.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My favorite would have to be Euchre. Whenever I am up at the family cottage at the same time as my grandparents we play Euchre for most of the evenings.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmmm...well, as a kid I loved playing Skip-Bo with my family, but now I prefer 21 (Black Jack) or Poker....on certain nights, a game of strip poker can be a lot of fun! :rolling:

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Bridge, Spades, Big2, Hearts are my top four favorites, in that order.

I'm a big fan of partnership games, so that luck and/or you having good cards isn't the sole factor that determines the winner.

Bridge is up there because of the partnership and strategy. A good player finds the best strategy to win that minimizes the dependence of luck. The bidding also stresses good communication between the partnership too.

Spades is second because it also has a partnership, but the strategy and communication are relatively less than in bridge. I THINK I mastered this game in about 4 months, and it is getting dull already... whereas bridge is still a work in progress after a year.

The latter two games I mentioned have no partnership, but I like to think up "counter-strategies" to undermine other players' playing style.

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] strippoker??

6. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't play much card games. Only on the Christmas holidays. What I play is 21, poker and another game where there are some cards down and if you throw a card similar to the upper card on the pile, the pile is yours. But if there is only one card down and you throw a similar card you take them both and this counts as 10 points in the total score. I don't how it is called in English.

7. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Magic the Gathering! Love that game! :)

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The card game I like most, isn't even known to most people in Holland. It is a Frissian game, which is often only played, in that part of the country. It kinda like a Dutch card game called 'klaverjassen' which is (and correct me if I'm wrong) the same as Spades that Blog mentioned.

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I always liked War, or Black Jack.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Canasta. I taught my college roommate to play, and she and I would just kick butt. It got to the point where the other girls wouldn't play unless Vickie and I split up. :D

11. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ahh cards. The obsession that got me flunked out of my first university. :o

I like most card games that I have played, but my favorites include spades, euchre, pinochle, canasta, silly six deck (a derivative of canasta using, you guessed it, 6 decks), and up-and-down the ladder.

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Magic the Gathering (well it used to be until i stopped)
    Uno
    Crazy Eights (local game derived from Uno)
    Black Jack
    Speed
    Munchkin

13. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Tarot.
    Whist.
    Belote.
    Hearts.
    Stinking knight.
    Uno.
    Pyramide. (that's a drinking game, I admit)
    Mandaï.

I used to play a lot in school, not that we had anything better to do anyway.

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] Snap! and 21s

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I like cribbage -- my father and I play that a lot.

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Go Fish. Or maybe Uno. Progressive Rumi is a family tradition.

17. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

-Poker
    -Solitaire
    -Hearts/Spades
    -Speed
    -Egyptian Ratscrew (Don't worry: it's clean)

¤

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Black Jack
    Cheat
    Single 13
    Sevens
    Hearts
    Kings' Tear
    Maid Skirts
    Frigwit
    Another game I remember not the name.

What can I say? I like gambling :wave:
    And I'm good when it comes to Blackjack and Cheat ;)

In fact - my friend refuses to play me - even if it's without points/money - he won't even play with monopoly money!

19. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I like also many card games - but I don't know their names in English. We played almost every brake something in school.

And then about other cards. I play Middle-Earth the Wizards and Mythos sometimes (haven't tried MtG ever :eek: ). Tarot cards are also interesting, but I haven't played anything with them.

20. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Spades, Magic the Gathering, can't think of anything else....

I'm realized that no one has said Yu-gi-o or however you spell it, unlike all of the seventh graders at my other school- I hate that game quite a bit, seems so pointless, and my friend said he downloaded it on his computer and it is the easiest thing to play...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.