1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fave prestige classes

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Void, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

What are everyone's fave. prestige classe(s)?

Mine would be

Spellsword (T&B)- very cool / interesting
    Arcane Trickster (T&B) massively overpowered, yet still cool and interesting
    Tempest (MOTW) DROOL, eight attacks per round
    Dragon Diciple (T&B) not that powerful, but very cool
    Shadowdancer (DMG) very fun and original
    Arcane Archer (DMG) very powerful, with very origonal abilities
    Bladesinger (T&B) cool and poweful
    Geomancer (MOTW) slowly changing into some weird, yet customizable creature is soooo cool...

The list goes on "yawn" :D .

[ September 11, 2002, 11:52: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I kinda like the blackguard, though it really should be a core class ;)

Haven't read those classbooks, they cost a lot, and most haven't got anything you really need.

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

mine are mostly wizzy's

Loremaster
    Fatespinner
    Dreadmaster

in general I find fighters boring, but I agree the spellsword is rather interesting combo

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Spell sword
    That mage class what is it againg planewalker, planeshifter?
    Arcane archer

I could also go on forever. If I could remember the names :D .

5. deBhaal Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dragon Disciple remake I helped with, here -> alt.DragonDisciple.

Ghostwalker(S&F)
    Arcane Trickster(T&B)
    Duelist(S&S)
    Candle Caster(T&B)
    Spellsword(T&B)
    Lasher(S&F) (just like the whips ;) )

Thats all from the books I have really ...

Ive thought up character concepts for all these PrC's and have one of them in play a in a campaign.

6. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

My favourite is the bladesinger, it's just so cool :cool:

7. Jicano Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the one problem with spell swords is they should be elves only. the first place, and only, i ever heard of a spell sword was salvadors sea of swords. cool concept but the mage skill of the character shoulnd'nt recieve access to any spells higher than level five or six. if they did they would be too powerfull at magic to be an elven spell sword.
    keep in mind that a spellsword needs to be an elf and elves spend forty, somtimes fifty years just becoming skilled enough to leave thier tutors side and learn on thier own.
    and lets not forget the ten or twelve years learning sword skills.

8. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Thanks for the replies all,

how about a sub-poll, do you like the bladesinger or spellsword more?

I personally go for the spellsword, 'cus I like the way they can cast spells through their sword, and they get less BAB, which I find cool for some weird reason (I'm slightly deranged "cough" :D ).

Also, Jicano, I think perhaps you should edit your post a bit, its not very understandable :confused: ...

BTW, Taluntain, what as it that you edited in my post?

[Typically on a first post if you see we edited it with no comment, we edited the topic title only - BTA]

[ September 18, 2002, 00:40: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

9. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] My fav Prestige Class has got to be the Dragon Disciple and the Harlot. :cool:

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Acolyte of the flesh(or is it skin? cant remember)

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] So are prestige classes something like the equivalent of the kits in BG2?

And if so, why not have any of these in IWD 2? Is that the sound of a mod I hear? ;) :grin: ;)

Where could I find a list of prestige classes that are similar to druids and rangers? (If there are such prestige classes.)

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

prestige classes are special classes available after level 5 (earliest). And yes they are somewhat like kits, like special education in a certain field you gain after having completed basic levels of your class.

In the book Masters of the Wilds you can find a list of ranger/barb/druid PrC's, if available on the net, I do not know

13. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

jesper898: It's skin.
    Hmmm....there's so many to chose from....
    Well, without going through my tons of books, the geomancer, bladesinger, and arcane archer come to mind.

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Arcane Archer Rocks!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.