1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fav. Party

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by MD, Nov 12, 2001.

1. MD Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] What are your fav. party guys?
    My party is:

My self (Of course;) )A Paladin
    Minsc
    Ajantis
    Branwen
    Imoen
    Dynaheir

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Any party with Minsc is fun :). Include Kagain and maybe Tiax, and you'll have the funniest hours of gaming ever ;).

3. Cog Primius Guest

[​IMG] nonono the best is
    Cog Primius Fighter
    Shar-Teel Fighter
    Kagain Fighter
    Viconia Cleric
    Tiax Thief/Cleric
    Quayle Cleric/Fighter

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Fighter or Paladin
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Coran
    Branwen
    Imoen (dc to mage)

5. Me! Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I like:
    Me (a ranger or thief)
    Minsc
    Kivan
    Imoen(I dc her to an illusionist if I'm a thief, if not, she stays a thief)
    Dynaheir
    Viconia(I admit, I cheat and put a helm of alignment change on her... I try to feel guilty about it...)

6. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

This is the only party I actually completed the game with (damn bugs! :flaming: )

Me (ranger)
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Kivan
    Coran
    Xan

[This message has been edited by Namuras (edited November 12, 2001).]

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My current party is my current favorite:

PC - Halfling Fighter/Thief
    Minsc
    Kivan
    Branwen
    Dyna
    Imoen (dualed to mage at 5)

8. Sarin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmm, good question...
    My favourite good party:
    Me (Fighter)
    Minsc
    Coran
    Yeslick
    Dynaheir
    Imoen (dc to conjurer)

Favourite evil party:
    Me (Fighter)
    Kagain
    Shar-Teel
    Safana
    Viconia
    Edwin

9. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I don't like NPCs very much so I made a multiplayer game with all custom chars and placed those saves into the single player saves directory. I played with a mage/thief and a fighter/cleric, elf and dwarf. However I tried out using all six slots to make a bunch of 'my own' characters. Works really well. I recommend it.

10. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

I know this is a bit of an elderly topic, but I havent seen this discussed for donkey's years with regards to BG1

Im currently taking this party through with a view to putting my pc through SOA/TOB/Ascension/Redemption, taking advantage of the stat buffs from the BG1 tomes.

Neville - half elven Cleric/Mage
    Khalid - using axe and shield
    Ajantis - greatswords and bows
    Jaheira - club, shield and sling
    Coran - Bow and Longsword
    Imoen - using crossbow and dualled to conjurer after taking 3 thief levels

this is the best party Ive used so far, imoen proving a much more versatile and resilient mage than any of the pure class ones and with plenty of healing, tankage and exceptional missile ability. Arcane magic isnt as important in BG1 as in other games, i find, so immie and neville's skills in that area are more than adequate. My pc is going to be a bit of a beast by the time he's done with TOB as well.

What parties are people using these days, then?

[ Opening up a new thread would have been better than resurrecting a 4 year old topic. ] - Beren

[ January 02, 2005, 13:20: Message edited by: Beren ]

11. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's funny because a few months ago i started a new BG1 game. But i never ended it because i bought a new PC and lost all the save games.
    I remember i was having a great time with a different party (i always was a fighter or ranger and used the pairs Khalid-Jaheira and Minsc-Dynaheir and Imoen). This was the party:

Thief/Mage (the PC)
    Imoen (i would dual-class her)
    Kivan (deadly with a bow)
    Brawnen (for the healing and a 2nd line tank)
    Khalid (give him the Gaunlets of Ogre Power and he's a great tank with grand mastery in longswords)
    Jaheira (more healing and i like her :D )

I don't use any pure spellcaster in BG1 because they're not to powerful.

12. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Okay this is my current party (lots of thieves):

Me - Thief/Mage

Khalid

Jaheira

Imoen

Skie (This is a funny story. At one point I sent Eldoth away, knowing that Skie would go too. But then, Eldoth didn't come up to talk to me, and Skie stayed in the group. I kept her, because Eldoth was the reason I was going to send them away, and I didn't mind keeping her in the group for some more time.)

Alora (I just can't let her go. She's always happy, and it is so sweet.)

13. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Really? Sorry, I thought I'd get in trouble for starting a new thread. I picked this one for a revival not because it was the oldest but because it was specifically favourite party rather than best party. I'll remember in the future.

Skie is the only NPC that I've never actually tried, purely because you have to get grease-monkey Eldoth toget her and she's just another pure class thief, so not really worth it. Alora is another pure class thief and she's cute as heck, but you get her so late that it seems a pain to use her. Anyway, as I'm a Bhaalspawn saga player as a whole, I find myself unable to get rid of Imoen for the story's sake.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, it's OK. We don't mind resurrecting old topics if you have something pertinent to say on the topic. What we don't like is resurrecting old topics for no reason.

The one time I played, I had:
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Branwen
    Xan and
    Imoen

Then I didn't like Xan's lack of area-effect spells, so I dualled Imoen to a mage and picked up Coran.

15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Me (class dont matter)

Jaheira

Ajantis

Kivan

Imoen

Edwin

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The first time I played through the game, I ended up with the "standard" party, and that was quite fun: Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Misc, Dynaheir.

For some real fun banter-wise though, I'd take Eldoth, Skie, Garrick, and Xan. One love triangle, and Xan's constant bickering with Eldoth. Not very functional adventuring-wise, but great fun :)

17. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

PC (Paladin) - +2 Sword
    Minsc - +2 Axe
    Branwen - +2 Hammer (& Healing obviously)
    Kivan - Archery
    Coran - Archery
    Dynaheir - Magic

18. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

PC (Fighter) - Tank
    Minsc - Tank
    Kahlid - Archer/Tank
    Jaheira - Missle/Magic
    Imoen - Thief/Archer
    Dynaheir - Magic

Playing with these lot for the third time at the mo, and have never gone for anyone else, I guess they've just grown on me over time...

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If I could have a party without having to take the "pairs" eg Jaheir and Khalid

Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Branwen, Dynaheir

20. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Try giving Jaheira the bracers of Dexterity , and let her throw darts. Never misses

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.