1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Family Only Parties

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Madmanasaurus-X, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Madmanasaurus-X Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I just want to say I am having loads of fun doing this:

Playing Solo (but not really)...
    a) take Only Imoen out of Irenicus' dungeon
    b) if you're an evil male take :D Viconia (spelling?)
    b+) If you are good male take Jah or Aerie
    b++) If you are any female take Anomen (make him Chaotic Neutral if you're evil/neutral or lawful good if you're good
    c) Get Imoen back and keep her
    d) take your brother when you get to TOB

If you do this with a fighter/mage/theif then you get 2 stronghold quests and you cover all the bases for most of the game which will be just you and your girlfriend/bo (fighter/mage/thief/cleric or druid) Aeire gives you extra arcane magic, Jahira gives extra summoning and fighting skills (also better looking and more personality than Aerie) so you end up with:
    2 class quests
    1 romance.
    You, your brother, your sister and your lover...It's a family affair!

I thought I could get 3 strongholds but I didn't get the planer Sphere for some reason (I did it last of the 3 any answers would be cool).

Also good with just a fighter/mage if you want to level your protaganist a bit faster (but I love theiving and the extra exp from lockpicking trap detecting) - also read every scroll you find when you are just a twosome - Erase and relearn scrolls into your spellbook for the extra EXP.

Opinions?

[ December 11, 2003, 22:27: Message edited by: Madmanasaurus-X ]

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I did that with my last BG2 game, as a Fighter/Thief, romancing Jaheira. It was cool - not a lot of banter, but still cool.

3. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't like the idea. Mainly because all the NPC's you listed just don't strike me.
    You can't get more than one stronghold without any mods. There is one exception which is De'Arnise Keep because it lacks stronghold flag, so you can get it in addition with one other stronghold.

EDIT: New gem.. Already? I liked Jasper gem better. This is ugly. Looks like cheese. :(

4. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

No offense, but... why is playing with just those characters more entertaining? They don't ask for family hugs or tell Dad on you... how is it any different?

@Mayfairy:
    I like your gem. It does look like cheese, but I like cheese. I wish I has a cheese gem...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.