1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout: NV - Project Brazil Jan Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Fallout New Vegas mod 'Project Brazil' has had a state of the mod January update. There are lots of pictures of the new vault 18 here.

2017 has been a great start to a New Year!

2016 was kinda a downer.

Yes, even for you, that one guy for whom it wasn't. :p

2017 so far is going MUCH better. Take a look.

First off, the most obvious is a brand new Vault 18, the area where you start Project Brazil.

Vault 18 is now comprised mainly of original 3D art assets and all new 2048x2048 texture sheets. New Vegas is an ancient game with terrible memory problems, so all these 200+ hires textures that went into the game are going to be part of an optional download. I use the HD textures with no issues, but my PC (donated to me by Tom Rogers from Green Valley) is a beast, so I might be in the minority here. I'm trying to look out for our lower end PC users, because I was one of them until last May myself.

[...]

There are 2 story paths in Project Brazil - Scientist and Warrior. The first as a Warrior takes you from the Stadium to the Atrium, entering from the Right (which is actually North.) The Scientist path has you start in the Infirmary, and walk to the Computer Lab as Dr.Rossman talk about Vault life.

[...]

We're making all these improvements in an effort to refine things for an eventual release date sooner rather than later. Hopefully in the next coming months baring any life tragedies. (Like starving to death cold and alone, Please Save a Brandan. "In the arms of an Angel....")

There are a lot of things that need major work left to do before we're release ready. A Major character needs to get his voice ripped out, re-recorded, and shoved back in. The Raider Main Quest has bugs and game breaks in the scripts pretty much from the start. We're aware of exactly what they are and where they are, and how to address them, we just haven't got to it yet. We're finishing the NCR Main Quest and ending the last boss battles, scripting the endings, and then swinging back to address the bugs from start to finish. We also need to implement some venders, doctors, environmental NPCs, and immersive NPC dialogue for reactions from standard NPCs.

Anyone who wants to join our currently 4 man team, please sign up.

After that we can start talking about calling FPB officially in ALPHA 190, the big playable from start to finish mod that took 5 years to make.​

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.