1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallout 2 help needed

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Lazy Bonzo, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Well i got the game recently and think it's great. However i've come across a problem/bug and need to know if anyone knows how to fix it. It's occured when i was in the gecko trapping grounds (the one's in Klanath, sp?). I have sulik with me. We'd just killed a golden gecko (go us!). Then combat ends. Sulik stands there and won't move! I can't talk to him, all i can do is: the hand (and take his stuff, but i want him to move!!!), or examine, or skill on him, or item on him. If i move area then he's there, but still immobile at whatever point i arrived. Anyone able to help? please?!?

2. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hmm, there's nothing to do about this bug I think, just start a new game (thankfully you're still early into it) but this time install the official patch(es).

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Yay another dude trudging around the Wasteland :p
    I just found the G.E.C.K ;)

On topic:

You should install the patch as Enjan said :)

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

If he just got the game, then it came with the patch installed already.

I dunno what to tell you. Other than there are a whole slew of cheats for that one. There's one that loads up all the lockers in Klamath with harcore weapons and armour. And the standard character editor.

Also, the car is one of your first priorities. Whether you're cheating or not, because to do a lot of the missions, you have to bounce from town back to town. You save both combat and ammo by cranking fuel cells instead of boots. There are only two parts that you absolutely have to have, but there is a third part that makes it more efficient. Find all three parts.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ok i jus reloaded (i thought i didn't have a previous save, 10 saves only sucks!) and it's fine now. Went through the den and did most stuff, went to redding and got a nice lil SMG. I have a couple of questions though -
    1. i have sulik, i payed for vic but he's saying that i basically can't have anymore people, am i limited to 1 or something?
    2. in the Den where is franky? i can't do the collection money quest because i can't find him, i think i've looked everywhere but...

Finally to Ejsmith (and others) yep it did come with the patch, and, i have 1 of the car parts but not got the other 2 yet.

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Whoa!! What is this one!

I have finished the game, and am now just playing around with it - this cheat could be fun!

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I've ran into that bug recently and sadly the only thing you can do is saying the magic word: Load game :(

But don't let that get you down because I have played Fallout 2 about 15 times and have only encountered it once so don't worry.

Oh and........

Fallout rules :thumb:

8. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It happened sometimes in Fallout 1 when a npc got killed.

Number of NPCS depends on CHA I think. Something like half the charisma - max number of npcs. There is a perk, that increases the maximum.
    Sucks there is not a single female npc apart of that you can get married with in Modoc. But she's very hard to keep alive and very much worthless anyway.

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

The Klamath locker "cheat" is exactly how I described it. You backup the file "klamath.sav", and replace it with the hacked .sav file.

Then go around and open up lockers and look on desks. There's about 5 suits of power armour, ranging for the normal fallout1 stuff to the advanced mark2. All the weapons in the game, and something like 10,000 rounds of ammo for everything. Bombs and grenades. Keys and lockpicks. Condoms and whiskey. I think the car parts are even there. And the cheat manual.

There is one bug, but I think as long as you recover the car part that's in the old car-on-blocks, then the bug never surfaces.

If you do a search for "klamath locker cheat", it'll probably show up. It was only on one specific FO site, that also had editors and newly hacked out areas of the game that you could load and mess around in. There's an inventory editor as well, but it's more of an "inventory converter". You can turn one weapon into another, but you cannot make it into a keycard or something. It has bugs, but if you don't abuse it or try one of the really funky items that never made the final cut, you'll do ok.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.