1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallen Paladins?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by hooligan_inc, Jul 27, 2000.

1. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] What are Fallen Paladins (Manual in French, therefore don't know)?
    I tested out `charm person` spell with Edwin and when it wore off the git attacked me!
    I dived in head first (in the game, not real life) and I suddenly got a bunch of reputation points deducted and a `Lost class:paladin` message.

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Paladin's, being goody two shoes HAVE to keep thier lawful good alignment and in BG this mens that thier reputation has to be good as well or they lose thier paladin abilities, and become fighters of the same level only without the cool fighter advantages.
    Hey I've never been able to do this in BG, you just fufilled one of my ambitions with an evil party! :)

3. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The same thing happens for Rangers. They can only be Good Aligned. If their reputation falls below 6 they lose their Rangerly powers. Personaly I think that this is stupid, Rangers ought to be able to be Neutral like Druids.

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

So do I!!! Isn't that strange???, for once we agree!!!!!!

5. hooligan_inc Guest

Vermillion, you just attack civillians, lose the class, export, import again avec an unblemished reputation. Once when I did that I got the paladin abilities back whilst still being labelled `Fallen Paladin`!

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] But sometimes it's more fun being a bitter, twited and really unrepentant fallen paladin though isn't it?

7. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Right again! First Liverpool-Man U and now Paladins! Somone has agreed with me TWICE in one day? Re-sult!

[This message has been edited by hooligan_inc (edited August 03, 2000).]

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Hey, hooligan, where did you stand on the Imoen thing? Just to see if we agree on that.
    And by the way the way I like the comment after "football" on yer profile.
    ( sing along now; Posh spice takes it up the.....)

9. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] I like Immoen later on, say when she is about Lvl 5+. Then you can Dual class with a mage and she rocks bells. before that though, she's a bit of a burden but it's worth it doncha think?

10. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Imoen is definately worth it, what other mage can backstab bad guy's and then do nasty spells that require touch?

11. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Yeah, and I mean she can actually nick all the mage stuff she needs! Saving you loadsa money!

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] See she's great. Possibly the best investment in the game. She never annoyed James Brown though like Alora did. (BG MP3 music I found from Interplay from the TeamBG site, there's more too including the credits music and MINSC MUSIC!!!!!!!)
    Go for the eye's Boo....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.