1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Faction vs factionless

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by The_Nerd, Jun 9, 2001.

1. The_Nerd Guest

Ok I know that there are supposed to be benefits and pitfalls to joining factions. What are they and who should I join for the greatest benefits?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Anarchists. Definetly.

3. herf Guest

the dustmen are good for starting the gam with, you get good spells cheap, good quests for xp and some cool weapons that do acid damage at the start of the game.

the godsmen have some cool spells and they have 3 ok weapons, in my view they arent worth the money as they are quickly superseded but the godsmen are good for joining if you want to join the anarchists

the anarchists sell you another cloudkill scroll and they have some cool earrings.

sensates let you get soem exp but you dont really need to join them, you can get all the benefits of being a member without being a member *talk to Nemelle*.

the xasioects do fuck all.

you decide.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Grrrr... You spoil! ;)

Anyway, you forgot to mention about Godsmen the best axe in the game and WIS+1 if you join them. And I said Anarchists because you can join them ONLY if you previously were Godsman. And then you can infiltrate any other faction. :p

5. herf Guest

it isnt the best fucking axe in the game!
    the celestial fire or the entropy blade are far better. even that axe you get from the official building in curst is better.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Fucking?

Tch, tch.

Anyway, it definetly IS the best axe in the game. Celestial fire is a sword. It's ability to change is something else. Also you forgot Entropic Blade with the same ability.

And what axe in Curst are you talking about? If it's Jester Axe - man, you need to have guts to use that one.

7. The_Nerd Guest

You join xaositects at guy in SE slums south of painted door right?
    What benefits do i get for joining?

8. herf Guest

nerd- absolutely none, they are useless as far as i know, i think black isle just couldnt be bothered anymore

extremeist- the axe that you get from the top level of the building where you fight trias, i couldnt be arsed thinkin about the name but it does cold damage and you have to be good to use it.

and the jesters axe is also beter if you catch it on a good day :)

9. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If I remember correctly, then there is not a conflict between the factions, ie there is no time where you have to choose between one or the other. So just take them one at a time. Start with the dusties and so on. This way you'll be seeing most of the game. And if I remember correctly again, then you won't lose all of your faction advantages when you change faction. (I'm thinking of the dustmen bonus against undeads! But you also meet *alot* of these!)

[This message has been edited by Grovflab (edited June 11, 2001).]

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Herf, let's stop the flames, shallwe? ;)

We agreed that Anarchists are the best option if I understood you correctly. So...

Ahhh, Chaosmen. Only benefit you get as their member is that Tiresias won't turn against you and will tell how to pass the Tenenment of Thugs. Yet, since real Tiresias in Greek mythology sent Odysseus to two deadly monsters...

11. The_Nerd Guest

Where do I join the Chaosmen at?

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Chaosmen=Xaositects

You answered that above.

13. The_Nerd Guest

oh ok well i got this game in may so i pretty much am pure newbie

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Hey! I didn't mean to hurt you there, I was also a newbie once... ;)

But that nasty Herf dude, tch, tch... ;)

15. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I was also once a newbie. Supose it's kind of obvious but i felt like saying it anyway.

16. Deimos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Just out of interest, the axe in Curst Administration is the Edge of Oblivion ( i think). I couldn't get it cause Annah wasn't good enough at disarming traps....:(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.