1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Extraplanar chest

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Steellord, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Steellord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

First off I am running using the CO8 5.0.5 mod.

Okay, I have a couple parties running thru at the moment. One of them found this chest along with the scrolls for extraplanar chest, and fumbling around a bit I figured out how it works.

Now my second party has found two scrolls of extraplanar chest, but no miniature?. Did something mess up in my game or is it possible it will show up later or do I have to create one somehow. If I have to create it, how would I go about it?.
    I've yet to see an NPC that will make components to create magic items from, or is it an ability of my spellcaster? I have craft wondrous item skill but there is no chest spell there.

I really liked having this item with my other party and would like it with my current group.

TIA

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The chest is a Co8 addition. It is available in each game, in the same spot, though it is a bit easy to kinda "bypass it" if you don't think about it, or remember exactlly where you found it.

Just use one of the scrolls and cast it to get a chest, no worse than that. Unless memory serves, even a level 1 caster should be able to cast the spell from the scroll, if not you can always use a rogue or bard with use magical devise skill to fake it.

Not really any point in having multiple chests anyways. Just remember to always unsummon it after you used it, so you don't have to travel entire Temple through level for level trying to figure out where the heck you "forgot" it the last time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.