1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DarkCroll, Jul 26, 2001.

1. DarkCroll Banned

[​IMG] evil is the greatest alignemt of them all...

yo can kill so many good people

2. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Maybe so, but with Evil alignment comes low reputation, and with low rep comes higher prices.

3. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Also if your rep is really bad the Flaming Fist sends a powerfull groop of enforcers to kill you. Not a good thing as generally the can esally cleen house with you even at high level (bg1 no TOSC idea high level)

4. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well I always play evil (I can't stand the good NPC in that game...Evil are much stronger and have a REALLY more fun attitude) and I always have TOO MUCH MONEY anyway...

At the beginning you don't have a lot of money but your rep isn't low enough for you to have a price penalty....

By beeing Evil you can also kill Drizz't and have interresting stuff (but won't be able to use Twinkle).

It depends of how you like to play your game.
    Personnally I'm not the Mr goodie good type...I only wanna help somebody if there is something in for me. I don't wan to help just for help and nothing else (like a Paladin should be play for example)...That make me evil of course...

And on the other hand I like a little encouter with Flaming fis t mercenary...Good Xp and good stuff to sell....

If rep is too low a little money to the temple...

I still don't understand how people can be short of gold pieces in that game ??????
    Each time I went through, I was Evil (so I'm supposed to have less money thant good aligned players)and I ended with an amount of gold between 80 000 and 110 000....What would be the point to have lower prices ?????

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah, and fighting against the unending hordes of the Flaming Fist is the funniest and most enjoyable thing since watching paint dry :rolleyes: (They're worse than kobolds in the firewine bridge dungeon!)

6. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

with a rep of 1 every time u go to a new area 16 flaming fist infantry and either 4 or 6 flaming fist mages

7. :mad:
    (Sorry Extremist)

Why oh why do people constantly fall into the trap of evil!!
    Follow the only true path; the path of JUSTICE(TM)!!!! (featuring Boo).

8. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

LOL !!!

You had trouble with...Kobold ???
    What class do you play ??
    Peasant ?
    Courtesan ?

Did you went to the firewine bridge at level 1 ?

Why was I able to go through the Flaming fist easily ?

Why kobold are a real joke when I play ?

Did you had trouble while fighting the "Mighty" horde of Xvart west of Nashkel ?

Did you patch the game and then you fight against Greater Kolbold ?
    And then instead of Kobold commando you fight against Kobold Rambo ??

God...Are We speaking of Baldur's Gate right now or another game ?

I have a great strategy:
    I make my character wear some armor.
    Did you know they enhance the AC ??

(LOL: sorry but damn....kobold...)

Well, just play good. Don't let the flaming fist merc have a price on your head...

How will you win the fight against Sarevok if you find the kobold annoying?....They are insect that give you some arrows of fire...

9. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

The only way kobold can give you any trouble is if you dont have any range wepontry and they are on the other eide of a pit.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

And if that happens, then you can say "oooohhh shit!"

Note: please excuse my language but surely everyone says that if some kobold asswipes are kicking your metallic butt with a rusty pin and a twig with a spark on it!! :D :D

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

I never said I had trouble with them, I simply stated that there are even *more* of the Flaming Fist than those accursed kobolds at firewine and fighting against them is very annoying as they never run out. And as you were the only one who misunderstood this, I can draw the conclusion that everyone else here is even remotely intelligent because if they misunderstood it, they at least weren't rude enough to insult anyone. Unlike you. Normally, I'd ask how old you are, but I find that I don't care one bit. I must make a blacklist like Extremist, he has these good ideas sometimes. (By the way Extremist, you *can* make a post like this without a load of :mad: smilies.) And yes, I know wearing armor lowers your ac, smart-ass. If you enjoy harassing newbies who can't read the manual or are confused by AD&D rules you definitely picked the wrong guy.

Edit: Mutter... This one made me so mad I actually made a typo in my post :mad:

[This message has been edited by Volar Blackmane (edited July 29, 2001).]

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Thats not directed at me is it? Well, i hope not anyway...

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sniper, I think it was directed towards the goblin with the unpronouncable name.

14. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31

ive ended up editing my game enough that it baecame to easy with the weapons and spells created, but the point is that you can also edit the strength of your enimies did you know that?? if any of u want it and ill give you the coding to increase the power of you aponents, so that kobolds and wolves and whatever have more hit points kobolds 20 wolves 60 and the like so that by the time i got to sarevok he had almost 600 now that was a fun battle
    but the point is that then no matter where u are u have to take kobolds and everything else seriously and deal with it imediatly
    otherwise. . .

[This message has been edited by [sOv]Storm (edited July 29, 2001).]

15. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've always found that with so many kobolds, one or two of them have to get lucky sometime, and if they get lucky when they shoot at a mage, it's generally bad news. And in the Firewine ruins, if you make the mistake of splitting up your party (as I did - "leave the mage behind, I don't want him getting shot at....") they close in around isolated spellcasters and that's nasty.

When I got on the wrong side of the flaming fist, I found them hard. Their wizards are nasty, and their archers managed to spawn so that they had a clear shot at Edwin. Since then, even my evil characters have played "cautiously".

maybe I'm just an idiot
    btw - too much money? I don't recall ever having more than 40k

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 29, 2001).]

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Sniper, it was indeed directed against the goblin, not anyone else. Please forgive me if I hurt your feelings ;)

And Ironbeard, I had exactly the same problem, that's why I made that post in the first place.

And just to finish, I got e-mail because of this. I'm not posting the contents or the sender, because that would make the person look really stupid, but it was a two-line message with the topic: i don't like u r attitude. Before you draw any conclusions, I might say that the topic actually had the best grammar in the entire post. Anyway, to stop any unnecessary flames, let me just say not to send me e-mail or anything again because I will simply ignore you and delete it without reading. If you wish to insult me, learn to type first. d00dsp33k doesn't actually impress me or anyone I know at all.

17. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Doesnt impress me at all. In fact I dont even know what it means. And allways keep our groop together

18. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Har! Unpronouncable....spell it backwards...imagination is a rare commodity.

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Well those Kobold commandos can be right bastar** when there are like 20 of them and you don't have a mean AC! Esp. Sorcerers. Now if a kobold or twenty get a shot at your mage well then...its byebyes!

And no offence taken Blackmire :)

20. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

Volar Blackmane: PLEASE READ IT !!! I'M APOLOGIZING IN THAT POST ALL RIGHT ?

Since you ask:
    I'm 26 years old.
    French canadian (We are a kind of people with a sense of humor...you should come live here for a while it would help you to appreciate live in a funnier way ;).

I'm a micro-electronic Engineer who's working for IBM corporation. I had my degree in mechanic/metallurgical eng. in University of Sherbrooke in Quebec Canada.

Sorry, that I've insulted you (Not a joke really sorry !!!).

Sorry I did not understand what was your point but but I have 2 excuses for that:
    1) french speaking
    2) I'm a Mot*** F***** engineer (and you know those only understand what they want..sorry about it!!)

PS: I can't be insult by someone who talk about intelligence...intelligence is relative to the subject you are talking about. And We are talking about a game !!

I sincerelly apologize to you and To everyone who didn't like my post about the "courtesan, peasant and kobold being easy..."

I just read your other post !!!!
    I didn't sent you any e-mail. I even receive dan E-mail regarding the post I sent. The e-mail was only saying "u rule..." !!!?? Don't know why though....

Sorry again and I'll try to be more carefull with my jokes...Regarding your reaction, may be it was distastefull.

[This message has been edited by Neitsabes-Naej (edited July 30, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Neitsabes-Naej (edited July 30, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.