1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil Party Advice

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Niskers, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm looking at playing all the way through with an evil party for the first time. I've (mostly) settled on

Kaigan
    Shar-Teel
    Edwin
    Eldoth
    Skie

this is unfortunately forcing me into a cleric for my PC, and it leaves me without a thief for the better part of the game. So a few questions:

Can I get Eldoth and Skie before the plot technically takes me to the cloakwood and Baldur's Gate. I could trade off Eld and Skie for Vic and Tiax (but quite honestly Tiax never lasts very long before I get annoyed). I'm open to comments and suggestions. I've only dabbled in evil with BG1 so I'm not sure what's the best way to go.

2. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You can't get Eldoth and Skie until you reach them plotwise, unless you CLUAConsole them in...(I think)

As for not having a thief until late in the game; I recommend taking Montaron, since he is a fighter/thief, so can actually hold his own in combat. And what about taking Viccy? She's a good cleric, and taking her would mean that your PC wouldn't necessarily have to be a cleric.

3. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If I took Viccy along, that would mean I'd probably have to drop Kaigan or Shar-Teel to balance things out, because I don't want to go without a Mage, and I'm pretty set on having Eldoth and Skie. I suppose I could drop Edwin and be a mage myself but...it's edwin! Besides Viccy has sucky Constitution and Strength, which can make a big difference near the end of the game.

4. Heerscher Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've been toying for a while with the idea of an evil party consisting mostly of rogues (thiefs, bards and thief/mages). The idea is for the main character to be an neutral evil assassin (assuming you use Tutu). Assassin is a cool character to play and fits nicely in the Child of Bhaal-storyline, Bhaal being the god of murder and all. The party consists of:

- Xzar and Montaron
    - Garrick
    - Safana
    - Viconia (might later be replaced by Tiax)

Together they really are an evil bunch of characters. Garrick is mercilessly bullied into submission by Xzar and Montaron. Also everybody hates his stupid songs and thus he is forbidden to sing by the rest of the party. The only reason he doesn't leave the party is because Xzar made him believe he will curse him if he ever tries to leave.
    Since they are a bunch of evil thieves, they rob every house and especially the big estates in Nashkel, Beregost and Baldur's Gate searching for big treasures and adventure.

I'm ranting a bit, but maybe its a cool idea.

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Dual-class Shar-Teel to a Thief. This will free up your thief slot. Take Viconia instead of Skie so you have the best cleric in the game. Just kill skie off (this is evil) and let your other member rejoin and all will be well.

My best game was with an evil party.....

Me - Mage/Thief
    Kagain
    Faldorn
    Viconia
    Eldoth
    Skie

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.