1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Every race, every class

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Silverblade, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Silverblade Guest

I read at neverwinternights.com that in NWN, every race can become every class because NWN uses the 3e AD&D rules (That means that you can also have Halfling Paladin, Ragusa will be pleased). But does that also mean that every class can dual-class and that humans can become multi-class or is the dual-class ability still only for humans and the multi-class ability still only for every other class.

Does anybody know something about this?

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

multiclass and dualclass doesn't exist as in 2nd edition anymore. say you have a level 2 fighter and is leveling up, instead of becoming level 3 fighter, you can choose to get a level 1 wizard (or any other of your choice), then you would be a level 3 character but lvl 2 fighter/lvl 1 wizard.

read this topic for more accurate explanation: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000138.html

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 21, 2001).]

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :D YEAH !!! Now I am allowed to make halfling paladins officially !!! HORRAY :D

4. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] If you think you're happy, how do you think Mazzy feels? :D

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Actually, those new rules might change my attitude on d&d rules (as you all know, those rules I simply hate).

As I see it, I will be able to play warrior/wizard/rogue/priest as I always wanted. Fear me! :p

Now if only that combo would be available at ALFA... No, no. I'll find another world.

6. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You don't like (or know) D&D anyway, Extreamist. What's going to make you start now?

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

People who still call me
    - extreAmist
    - extremEist
    and such, I suppose.

Wait till I join Brotherhood of ALFA haters.

8. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In the 3E rules, you'd be able to play a warrior/wizard/rogue/priest. But Neverwinter Nights is only going to allow a limited number of classes(3, I think), to make the code easier to write. So, no quadruple classed chars.

Cullain of Moray

9. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you can still use most of the skills though, right? you'd just take penalties to it

10. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Penalties to skills? I'm not clearn on what you are asking. In 3E, thus NWN you would take a XP penalty if you advance the class together. If that is what you are asking. Remember there is no dual or multi class penalties in 3E like in 2E.

Read the multi class topics here and in 2nd/3rd D&D forum for all the details.

11. Liam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] There are no penalties to skills per se. Rather, certain skills are called class skills, and can be bought with skill points on a one-to-one basis; certain skills are called cross-class, and must be bought on a 2:1 basis (and a half rank does not count during play); and certain skills are forbidden (e.g. Only a Druid or Ranger may take Animal Friendship). If you plan on having levels in more than one class, only the class you advanced in NOW is considered your class, the rest are not. So if you start as a ranger, you may take AnFriend. If at second level you take a level of Bard, you May take Use Magic device, but NOT AnFriendship even though you have a level of Ranger.

As implied in PHB page 55 Column 2 First Paragraph.

Hope this helped :)

Liam

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.