1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ever been in jail?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mystra's Chosen, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I wonder how many of the members here have ever been in jail. No matter how long the time. Maybe your even reading this while you're in prison.

Personally, I spent a night in jail when I was 14. Possesion and assault, but since I was a minor and the said "possesion" was pot, I don't think there was much they could do about it. I didn't really get interrogated or anything, but they just let me sweat it out.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

AFAIK there is a difference between jail and a police-cell. What you're decribing is a police-cell and not jail since you were a minor at the time.

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Good point. Ok. One night stands are good for this thread too.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I have the luck to address a police patrol in a public place when drunk, without even getting ID-ed.

5. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Even then, I haven't been detained once. Don't see it happening either. I'm a Lawful little bastard :)

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Plenty of times, i used to visit footballmatches see ? :D

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Basically I resent obeying rules others set, but since I see no point of going off my way just to spite them... Well, needless to say; I haven't even seen a blue-coat since... ever, I guess. And I have always wanted to show a finger to them. :(

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I have spent a few nights in a police cell. Just out of badness the bastards always leave my cigarettes on me and take my lighter away so I can't smoke them.

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Only the once. Spent a night in for being 'drunk and dissorderly'.

And I tell you this, there are few worse places to wake up in when you have a bad hangover. It's a nightmare.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Especially when you wake up next to Frank "Jessica" Blake ;)

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Never :) I'm a good girl me ;)

12. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Which can be read in two ways -ever thought of becoming a bad, bad girlie? Chains, policemen, hand-cuffs, et cetra and all that. Heard it is pretty popular in German for some reason.

13. Dias Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I've never been in jail, but I've got a question, what's the minimum penalty for possesion if "pot" in the U.S.?

14. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

depends on the quantity. and quality of the officers.
    if you have a large amount for selling then you are probably going to get 3-5 years. if its a little bit and the cops are shady then they might just let you go(without your weed of course)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Never spen a night, but boy, when I was younger, did I get a "few" riodes homme.. or rather, since It's me that we are talkking about, back to the mental ward.

Yes, feel fre to point a :nuts: to my diection since that would be me.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well I have been through a couple of old closed jails as a tourist but I am far too much of a goody two-shoes to have ever had to spend any time in one.

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

@Dias - I wouldn't know about the US cause I'm Canadian, eh? Here it's really not an issue, and doubly so in BC, where I lived at the time. I wasn't worried about the weed, I was worried about the assault charge.

On a related subject, I have a funny story. My cousin was telling me about this one time he got pulled over and he had a garbage bag full of mushrooms in his trunk. Needless to say, he got dragged into the station, along with his buddy.

They put them in serparate interrogating rooms and made them wait about 6 hours, and every once in a while they'd come in and say "you're friend gave you up and said such and such".

Then they just told him to wait there because they had to go do some paper work, he then waited for about an hour, then looked out to see where everyone was, but there was nobody around. He started to walk out of the iterrogating room, thanking his lucky stars and wondering what the hell was wrong with those cops just leaving him alone. As he's starting to walk out, he sees the top of the receptionist's head just sticking up above the counter, so he booked it back in the room. He thinks now that they were going to try and bust him with an attempted escape or something. Anyway, he paid his friend 2 grand to take the rap for it :D

Back in the 80's, Mushrooms weren't considered a narcotic, but they were illegal under some weird food act. Just a couple years ago he was pardoned, but whenever he tried to go over the border he had to make up some story to the customs guy about what this weird food charge was.

18. Register Gems: 29/31

Never been in real jails, been stopped by the police though, that I have been several times.

Once for assault.

Once for being drunk.(WTF is up with that?)

Once for throwing things at police.

All three times, I got away without them calling my parents, I gave away a friend of mine's number and adress and he went to pick me up. :D

19. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not for me, its all a matter of not getting caught :D Not really, I haven't done all that much bad stuff, yet.... ;)

20. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@Arahar: An australian tourist is fighting to not be executed in Indonesia after being found with pot in her bag.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.