1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Europa Universalis II

Discussion in 'Playground' started by eveningdrive, Aug 1, 2002.

1. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Alright, I just got this MASSIVE war game for free since my cousin got tired of even trying to understand it.

Essentially, it looks like one of those Avalon Hill board games. This one spans from 1419 yo 1820. It has a complicated (at least it is to me) economic/diplomatic/war/colonization/trade dynamic that everytime I start to play I get lost.

Yep, I have read the manual and I understand how the different actions work, but when the scenario starts, all the contries (England, Ottoman Empire, Byzantine, Prussia, Sweden, France, etc.) get a huge jump start and manage to monopolize trade, rape my provinces, and once, force me into being a vassal state.

On the off chance that someone here has played it, I would appreciate some tips, especially on how to start the first few minutes. (It works in real time, 1 minute = 1 month, though you can pause the game).

Thanks!

:)

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

First, there are excellent, friendly fora at
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/index.php where you can get very detailed answers to all your questions.

If for some reason, you don't wish to look there, I have played Eu2 extensively, so I can help you here. However, I need something more specific to go by. To start with, play the 1492 scenario (age of exploration)instead of the Grand Campaign, its easier and less confusing. I'd also recommend Russia, because its pretty straightforward.

Good luck, its a very good game once you figure it out.

[ August 01, 2002, 11:48: Message edited by: Vormaerin ]

3. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Thanks for the push in the right direction Vormaerin. I'll check out the link you posted, and thanks for the offer.

And yes, although it still is sort of confusing, it does seem to be a very massive yet interesting game. I can't recall a more "complete" strategy game. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.