1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Epic spells

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by badge9781, Jan 5, 2004.

1. badge9781 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

2. the bum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

EPIC spells are gained based on your SPELLCRAFT ability. If you don't have a high enough spellcraft, then you won't have access to them. Also, they count as a FEAT, so you have to level up, and be able to choose a feat. Then, with the proper spellcraft, you can pick from the list of epic spells. I forget what the lowest one takes, but around the 20-25 range will get you most spells. I think Hellball is 25, and dragon familiar is 30... something like that. Hope that helps.

3. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You had that backwards, actually. Dragon Knight requires 22 Spellcraft, but Hellball requires 32. This is as it should be, because Hellball is straight NASTY!

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

According to the manual (haven't verified this myself) you need to be either cleric 21+, druid 21+, Bard 21+, Wizard 21+, Sorcerer 21+ or Pale Master 11+ besides the spellcraft ability as a prerequisite to be able to choose epic spells.

5. the bum Gems: 3/31

Yeah, you have to be an EPIC CASTER basically. The regular classes are EPIC when you reach 21+ lvls, but the prestige classes are epic when they reach 11+. and yeah, i was wrong about the spellcraft points neeed, but I knew it was close enough not to matter much. :D Hell ball hell ball, give me HELL BALL!

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

you dont just get epic spells either, you have to select them as feats.

7. the bum Gems: 3/31

Yep. You need the lvl requirement (epic caster of some type) and a high enough spellcraft. The spell craft requirements and the spell you will be able to choose as a feat are listed below:

15: mummy dust
    22: dragon knight
    25: greater ruin
    32: hellball

these last two are restricted to bards, sorcerers, and wizards
    26: epic mage armor
    34: epic warding

8. Greydek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello all,

I used the search feature here to try and answer my question and, unfortunatly, this is the best thread on the issue and it did not help. My question is once you meet the spell craft and level requirements what do you need to do to get these spells?! I have a level 22 Druid with 35 spellcraft that does not have anything pointing in the direction of these spells. I see people saying they need to be picked as a feat but they are not a option on my feat list. What am I missing? Thank you for your help.

9. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If you've got the PRC pack installed the feats get removed... but if not, I can't see any reason the feats wouldn't appear with your level/Spellcraft.

One thing to note is that the individual spells themselves don't appear in the main list; there's an "Epic Spell..." feat which works the same way as choosing a Weapon Focus.

10. Greydek Gems: 1/31

I have the plat edition of the game. I think this is the 4th time Ive had to buy it for various reasons lol. Ill check the epic spell item. Im pretty sure I didnt see it but then again I have been known to brush over things like that before. Did the PRC (?) pack totally remove them from the game?

11. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The PRC totally removed them from the feats list. You can still get them, as well as many others, from getting seeds and researching them at the wizards lab (thing...). you get there via clicking your spells icon on the radial menu and selecting the epic spell related option(i forget what its called). Anyway, if you happened to have this pack, your missing epic spell list in the feats menu would be explained.

12. Greydek Gems: 1/31

Ill give it all a shot when I get off duty tonight. Thank you for the information.

13. Khemsa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Also, the Spellcraft requirement for gaining Epic Spells (without the PRC) is based solely on ranks, not on your total skill. Thus, as a level 22 Druid, you Spellcraft ranks cannot exceed 25 (assuming you maxed out Spellcraft). If you have INT or spellcraft boosting items and did not max out you skill ranks in Spellcraft, it is possible that your Spellcraft ranks are too low to get Epic Spells even though your Spellcraft skill is 35. Wierd, I know, but that is how it works.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.