1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ended way too quickly...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bombur, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] This was my first time through the game, so I was trying to be careful and find everything I could, figure out the story, etc. Anyway, I'm stumbling around in the tower outside the temple, I end up underground, and the next thing I know, after a couple all-out brawls, I end up face to face with some old woman. Following my usual roguish tactic of sneak-n-flank, I position a rogue behind her, figuring like everyone else she'll probably go hostile. She talks a bit about a pillar, which I'm too wary to take, then ends the conversation. Immediately, I swipe the gems she's just mentioned (who can blame a hidden thief for skimming a bit before the blood starts flying?). She fumbles a bit with her throne, then gets blasted by a beam of light from it, then the next thing I know I'm reading the epilogue.

That was it? I'm guessing I accidentally cheesed my way past the big baddie of the end game. I also seem to have missed a lot, perhaps most, of the actual temple. And the epilogue turned out to have a number of spoilers, wrapping up details I had never heard of. *Sigh* Is my game buggy, or is it really the case that with decent sneaking skills, assuming you can get the skull, you can pretty much just walk through the ruined tower to the fungi mama, swipe her gems, and be done with it?

2. allyx Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

That is the worst ending in the game, needless to say if you cleanse the temple of all life (except for your own of course), the ending is better (you must resist the urge to take the gems in the throne to fight the fungi godess - Zuggtmoy).

3. ToddMcF2002 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Definately go back to an older save game and hit the Temple. Its a blast.

I'm about to wrap up the underappreciated Pool of Radiance and I'm contemplating replaying ToEE with a different party - since I lacked a Monk and Thief last time.

Despite the bugs I simply love ToEE.

4. wizard lover Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

you know it's good to have alot of casters my party has a druid
    a wizard a sorceror a barbarian and a cleric

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.