1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Enchanted Boot of Idiot Removal +5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Extremist, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Ok, let me see some nasty ideas...

What would this item exactly do?
    What statistics (in d&d) would that idiot have?
    What class?
    What equipped items?
    What quests unfinished?
    Who, where, when, why, how?
    Anything that drops on your mind. Let's make this item already!

Plan: and include it in IWD2 as genuine SP item. If not by BIS, then by ourselves ;)

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It makes the wearer incredibly grouchy and shorttempered. The wearer cant stand any idiots in his/her prescense. The boot will on its own kick any idiots in the butt for 5d6 damage. And an additional 2d6 if the target tries to sit in the next 24 hours.

For a person to be classified as an idiot they must ask stupid question all the time, use a bad language and be generally annoying. Stupid names may also qualifies one as an idiot ;)

3. Enchanted Boot of Idiot Removal +5

Formally known as Elminster's device, the boot has been used to kick many butts of SP members, where all fantasy starts. But as Elminster angered Taluntain, the wonderful founder of Sorcerers' Place, Tal decided to let Mystra, Tal's bot, eat him. And so ended the life of Elm. Mystra took his place in the legendary chatroom where all creatures roamed. Up 'til now Mystra still carries the boot for good use against idiots, who have somewhat taken over the chatroom.

Statistics
    Damage: 1d6+2, +5 against idiots, all kinds.
    Special: casts Shamefulness on idiot.
    Profiency: only Mystra can wear it.
    Weight: 1.
    Speed: almost instantanious.

Usable by:
    Mystra

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] :evil: Include in the boots' description that they give the wearer an intelligence of 25 and allows the wearer to cast all spells of any level with a speed factor of 1.

Then, when they put on the boots, they find out they are cursed. The character does a funky animation where they seemingly lift their leg up backwards and proceed in kicking their own rear ;). (Character is uncontrollable at this time) Remove Curse can't even fix it. You are indeed an idiot for trying these boots on. Hope you have a saved game :p. Powergamers beware.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] So far so good.

I like this "unremovable" idea. And the best, it CAN be done in Infinity Engine!

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Unfortunately I think the wielder of the boot is usually an idiot as well.

For Idiots, by Idiots.

7. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

they should also make your character do the funny walks from python

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Once you put them on your Intelgince goes down to 0 and you do nothing but dance. The player cant control the charter,I hope the main character didnt try it on:hehe:

Maybe if he's in a travren he comes out with a thing of ale and starts to walk around drunk in the travren. Maybe barffs here and their, saying rude comments and trying to hit on the ladies or men which ever a random dice roll says. They might get pissed of at him and kill him. :evil:

If he's in the temple then he could start to yell out, "I'm not worthly! I'm not worthly!" or "Save meeeeeeeee!" "haha:

In a batacks: He tries to kill a guard yelling, "Die monkey!" but ofcorse he's going to end up dead!

Around any monster, "Come play with me!" and he turns into a big walking purple dino. The natral reaction of any rastional being would to be....RUN!!!!!

If he's around any main bosses: "I'm going to kill you!" as he rushes to the nearest fellow adventurer. Mistaking his comrads for the enemy he kills them all then the boss walks over and kills him. Bwahaha:lol:

Better yet. Putting them on tellaports Mystra in frount of him. He's like, "What the hell?!" and she's like, "Give me my boots back you idiot!". "No I love them!", "Bitch!::Slaps him::", he's taken aback, she takes the boots back. "Now it's time to show you what these puppies can really do!" Kicking him he goes flying off the screen. :lol:

9. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I was flicking through some old tomes in Candlekeep earlier today when I happened upon this old scroll with a picture and description of the Boots in question. here's a copy
    http://www.maturegamer.net/DownloadExtras/Boots/Boots.html

Of course it will need to be verified by the great sage Extremist before we can be sure of its authenticity.

10. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Very good, Slappy!

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    LMAO! Great work Slappy! I'll link to that somewhere on the Chatroom pages. :heh:

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Slappy, YES!!! ROTFL!!! :grin:

13. Egglord Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Lol! Sheer brilliamce!

14. Woooohooo! /me DOESN't put on the boots, but stashes it secretly behind the boots' portrait. ;)

15. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I would bow to accept your gracious and warm words of approval. However, I fear to bend over while the boots themsleves are still loose. Letting these things break through into reality might not have been such a good idea after all :mommy:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.