1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Empirical Ambitions

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Manus, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

While searching for some other information, I ran across this article which links to This pdf document.

It does not bode well.

Here is the relevant body of the article.

I haven't read the document in question yet as I have to re-install Adobe Acrobat, but here is some other information from a seperate article.

Now I've never been to this site before, so I don't know how truthful or respectable the authors are, but if this is correct then it is chilling indeed.

2. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I think that I've seen this story before, only it went a little different...

"What we gonna do t'night, Brain?"

"Same thing we do everynight, Pinky, try and take over the world!"

Yeah, I have seen it before...perhaps the author of the story used to write for Warner Brothers?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Empirically, I believe you mean "Imperial Ambitions".

4. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You think that's bad? Check out this link:

http://www.reseauvoltaire.net/IMG/pdf/bushregimedeck.pdf

You probably could've guessed, but yeah, not only do I agree with the article, but the faces in that card deck remind me just why I voted for Bush.

Don't think of it as five more years of Bush...think of it as five more years of his fifty-one neo-conservative cronies!

5. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    They decided to build a website instead:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

The taking over the world part is planned for Term II. :eek: If there is one. :shake:

6. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Rumsfeld-Rice in 2008!

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I dont know about that exact document but there have been many documents drawn up by the neo-cons speaking in "imperial" terms. It is not something they have really tried to hide, for these guys 9/11 was a true blessing, at last they could fulfill their dreams!

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is my vote for the most offensive quote I've seen in 2003.

Maybe I'm naive, but this board seems to be dominated by conspiracy nuts. Doesn't anyone go outside anymore. I highly recommend you all go see the movie "Sneakers". It is an old Robert Redford movie you will all love it.

I'm afraid to say more. I would hate to be Shralped.

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Classy, joacqin, really classy. A low point, even for you.

BTW, you can probably bury the "neo-con" label that you (and others) keep affixing to Bush. By signing the prescription drug bill, Bush outed himself as a faux-conservative.

As far as the topic, I agree with the Snook, the conspiracy stuff is getting a little thick. Besides, don't you know, the whole world is run by a cabal of old European families. :rolleyes:

Shralp me if you want.

10. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Great Snook & Jack

Unfortunately, Joacqin's comment is the truth.

Taken from here .

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

I see, because joacqin, BOC, and the guardian say something is true, then it must be. *cough* hubris *cough*

So tell me, is Santa real or not? Once you have answered the question, I will definately know the truth.

12. BOC

The original document is here . Satisfied now?

EDIT:
    In case you believe that the above website has forged the document you can find it here as well, directly from PNAC's website.

[ December 19, 2003, 16:48: Message edited by: BOC ]

13. Hacken Slash

You guys seem to be confusing opinion with news. Just because an ultra-conservative group (PNAC) authored a document outlining a viewpoint toward the future of America, does not make it policy. The PNAC is typically regarded as a bunch of nuts by most Conservative Americans. The biggest stretch of all of this is that it was "prepared for" current members of the Administration. Return to the real world, please.

There are think tank groups that espouse political ideals ranging from Communism to Facism, but never do they dictate the policy of the US government. I am certain that within your own nations there are groups that represent all possible views of political thought...or is the US the only place where the right to hold and express opposing views is protected?

14. BOC

PNAC's principle of statement is signed by Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and someone called Jeb Bush, who I think is George Bush's brother. If you regarded them as a bunch of nuts why did you give them your vote?

15. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Yes, I am satisfied. Satisfied that you didn't read the document. Satisfied that you took a quote that takes the Pearl Harbor comment out of context.

The WHOLE quote is:

The transformation that they are referring to is that of the military. Not "what was needed to assure US global power".

So from here, you connect the dots and come up with a conspiracy? Wow. Do you ever leave your house?

16. BOC

And if you were bothered to read just the next paragraph you would read this:

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK, we can discuss this without getting personal.

Global leadership is quite different than global imperialism.

18. Hacken Slash

I take back my accusation that PNAC are a bunch of nuts...Ultra-Conservative yes, but nuts, no. I must have had them mixed up with some other PAC.

I agree with JF, that it looks like anyone who uses this document to purport a conspiracy theory, either did not read it or didn't understand it. Again, I remind you, this is "opinion", and I would rather see it expressed than suppressed. There is no direct link between this document and the Bush Whitehouse...if you can find one, post it.

Also, I never made any claim that Cheney et al did not support the "mission statement" of the PNAC, I merely said that to insinuate it was prepared for their use in the formation of policy is an illogical and improper stretch.

19. BOC

@BTA

This is from PNAC's statement of principles. If this isn't imperialism, then I don't know what imperialism is.

Also, since I was accused of being a consiracy theorist, let me clarify something. When I say that 9/11 was a blessing for these guys I don't mean that they have planned the attack. I mean that the attack was the deus ex macina, who helped them to speed up their plans.

20. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Striving for conditions favorable to American principles and interests is a far cry from dominion over other nations.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.