1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

emote problems

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Feb 12, 2003.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I've downloaded newbie kit with the emote wand in it. I got it from SP. Now I did every thing it said but I cant seem to be able to give it to the players. I have a npc talk and I attached a script that is, I think, that gives the player an emote wand. Any help would be nice.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's difficult to answer this question with no concrete information about what you did. You need to tell us exactly what you tried, so that we can figure out what might be wrong.

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

First I down loaded the kit. I then followed the driections.

1. I went to Edit>Module Properties
    1a. Imported the NewBie Kit and over road all files.
    2. On the ActivateItem box I placed the "active_item" script.
    3.Then I made a converation where on the the last line the PC says "Thankyou" I attached the active_item script.

Thats it. I think that theres a problem with the script or the wrong script. The readme doesnt spciffy any script execpt the active_item one.

4. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

First of all write down the ResRef of the emote wand. Now in the conversation when you want the NPC to give the wand to the PC select "actions taken" and click on the wizards hat. Select "give rewards" and click next. Type in the ResRef of the wand and click "add". Click next, give your script a name and your done.

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Could you explane a little more about what ResRef is?

6. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31

When you open the items properties, there are two boxes at the bottom left. One says "Tag" the other "Blueprint ResRef". These are how the game engine knows what item you're refering to in a script. You want the Blueprint ResRef.

7. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Sadly this doesnt seem to be working for me. Partly because I dont understand. Is there a modlue I can down load that uses the emote rod so that I can compare what they did to what I did?

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, if all you want to do is have your players get a wand, why not just use the toolset to place it on the ground somewhere in your module where they can pick it up...

9. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Well BTA, I have a few problems with the emote. First I cant seem to get the emote wand to be able to use. The only thing is that I want to be able to give the wand to any one who plays even if it's more then one player.

Awell, if any one finds a how-to on emote wands please let me know!

10. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31

I downloaded the Newbie kit to see why you were having so many problems and the emote wand section of it is missing a few things (such as the wand itself and a couple of scripts). The easiest solution would be to go to the builder's site and download the Player's Helper and install it using his instructions.

Almost forgot, the ResRef for the Emote Wand that you get from here is emotewand.

[ February 17, 2003, 20:22: Message edited by: Capt. Tripps ]

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Good news! Capt. Tripps the site you posted worked very well for me. I now have the emote wand in my module and everything is working just fine.

Thankyou all who tried to help me.

12. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31

Glad to help DragonRider.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.