1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Embarrassing Moments

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gaear, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I remember a few years ago I pulled into a gas station quite a ways from home to fuel up, and in one of those windfall moments that guys cherish, I discovered with joy that there was a hot chick fueling at the pump next to me. I'm not the sort of guy to pick up ladies from gas stations (are there any?), but in typical guy fashion I was determined to make a good impression by looking cool, sexy, and totally in control. (This was all fairly subconscious. Yes, we are that shallow in an instinctual way, ladies. ;))

During this time, in the days of flip cell phones, I had a cell phone/holster combo that did not agree with me or each other. The phone would frequently try to escape the holster of its own accord. Given this, it was inevitable what would happen, and you'd think I would have done something to try to prevent it, but no ...

So I get out of my vehicle, and as I do my phone makes a break for it in an exceptional effort of trajectory and velocity, shooting probably a full couple meters across the pavement of the gas station and getting all scratched up in the process. Hot chick sees it all and looks sad on my behalf. This is not good, as I don't appear to be in control. So I casually walk over and pick up the phone, but I'm too careless and drop it again before I can get it back in the holster. (Hey, at least this time it didn't go flying, it just fell straight down and landed with a disturbing 'crunch.')

Hot girl, of course, sees this too, and this time her look is not of sadness but pity. In a few short moments I have gone from hopeful Mr. Awesome to pathetic loser whoops! guy who can't even control his phone. I walk back to my vehicle in shame, and for a moment I pondered just getting back in and driving away in total defeat, but I swallowed what remained of my pride and actually refueled with a look of apologetic resignation while hot chick finished her business and forgot about my existence as she daydreamed about the outlaw biker dude she sleeps with who doesn't drop his phone but also doesn't treat her well.

~

I hadn't thought of that unfortunate event in a long time lol, but our lives are of course peppered with that sort of nonsense and it seemed like good thread material. So swallow your pride and share your own embarassing stories. Consider it group therapy. :D

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That was hilarious :p. Is that why guys drop stuff? They are trying to look cool?

I'll have to think about this topic for a while - being the adventurous sort I've had lots of embarrassing moments. Last Saturday comes to mind off the top of my head but that was more of a general embarrassment and not specifically a moment so I won't get into it.

This looks like its going to be a fun thread :D.

3. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Oh man. I just had one I think about a month ago. As many of you know, I have a weird stomach condition where I throw up all night and then have a sore stomach the next day. This has been unfortunately more frequent this year than it has been in the past, which is irritating.

So, awhile back, there was a Monday where I had an episode. Naturally, the following Tuesday, I was mostly better, but still sore. Laughing was extremely painful. That Tuesday afternoon, I had a meeting with a parent and several other teachers and administration about some difficulties her son was having. Now, this kid is one of my favorite students, even though he doesn't often do his work. He's very shy and sensitive, which appeals to me. That said, I'm fairly shy, too, so I haven't gotten to know him very well.

So, the other teachers were all congratulating each other on what good relationships they have with him. I was weak and tired anyway, so even though I know they weren't trying to make me feel bad, I did. Well, I started getting tears in my eyes, which really bothered me, so I tried not to let them come out. Unfortunately, one of the staff noticed, and asked if I needed to go to the bathroom.

I said I did, and all of a sudden, my stomach just spasmed. It hurt so bad that I couldn't breathe, and I started moaning involuntarily. I literally sounded like a dying elephant! I managed to get to the bathroom and calmed down, but I was so embarrassed that I had ended up making such a scene. When I returned, I explained I had been sick, but I still felt really embarrassed.

There are probably others, and this one probably isn't that funny, but it's the one I could think of at the moment, since it was so recent.

Gaear and Dice like this.
  4. fastfritz Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Embarrassed

[​IMG] Saw this topic and immediately thought of this long ago embarrassment. Went to a holiday resort for the week end of water skiing and swimming. We got there in the early evening with just enough light for one short ski before dark. I won the coin toss and would ski. Sitting on the dock took in enough slack that I could start by letting out the slack and stand up to ski. I signaled to go and the boat took off. The slack ran and I started to stand only to find my suit was hooked on a nail head on the dock. This proceeded to rip off my suit and I did a bare assed somersault into the water. The embarrassing part was directly above the dock was the resorts restaurant full of diners all laughing and pointing. My ski boat crew were also enjoying my embarrassment and refused to throw me a towel as I clung to the edge of the dock.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I was on a first date at this bar things were going well and after we'd end up on sidewalk in front of the said bar. We stared at each other, and with it came the akward silent moment and in those 3-4 seconds my brain started thinking "am I in ? Did she like the date ? Was I an idiot again ? Does my breath smells ?" y'know that kind of things. Anyway I decided to go in for the kiss anyway. Thing is I've had quite a few drinks and I tripped over my own feet and ended up falling on her, y'know in the general chest area. She never called me back after that, wonder why /sarcasm.

That was some reeeeeal smooth moves :rolleyes: -- If being awkward on a date was an olympic sport I'd be the indisputed champion.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.