1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Elminster's Stats

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Jolt, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Does anyone know Elminsters stats? I would really like to know....sorry if this has allready been posted

[ August 25, 2004, 13:05: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

From Hall of Heroes:

26th level Human Magic-User

Str 13
    Int 18
    Wis 18
    Dex 18
    Con 14
    Cha 17

EDIT: Actually, that's 2E. Sorry.

3. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Blargh....thanks...does anyone know the 3ed stats for Elminster or where i can find them

4. Beronar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't remember his stats exactly, but you can find them in the 3E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting sourcebook.

5. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It can be found in the Epic Level Handbook.

Male Human (Chosen of Mystra)

Ftr1/Rog2/Clr3/Wiz24/Arc5: CR 39

Str 13
    Dex 18
    Con 24
    Int 27
    Wis 18
    Cha 17

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I find the 4 different standard classes and extra prestige class quite amusing [ :) ] Bet its quite handy though indeed. I guess having 2 levels in rogue is to give him evasion whilst the levels in cleric are to allow him to at least moderately heal himself.

Quite daft when he has over 150hp iirc

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Elminister
    Male Human (Chosen of Mystra) Fighter1/Rouge2/Cleric3/Wizard20/Archmage5/Epic4 Total 35
    CR: 39
    Medium size humanoid
    Aligment: Chaotic Good
    Height: 6 ft. 2 in.

HD: 1D10+7 plus 2d6+14 plus 3d8+21 plus 14d4+98
    HP: 219
    Initiative: +10
    Speed: 30ft
    AC: 29 (touch 17 flat-footed 25)
    Spell resistance: 21
    Saving Throws: Fortitude: +17, Reflex: +13, Will +17
    Abilities: Strengh 13, Dexterity 18, Constitution 24, Intelligence 24, Wisdom 18, Charisma 17

Attack: +17/+12/+7 melee (1d8+6/19-20 thundering longsword +5) or +15/+10/+5 ranged touch(by spell)
    Special Attacks: Sneak Attack +1d6, turn undead 6/day

Special Qualities: Archmage High Arcana: Arcane Reach, Mastery of Counterspelling, Mastery of Elements, Spell Power +4(Total). Chosen immunities: Elminister is completely unaffected by attack that duplicate these effects: Detect Thoughts, Disintigrate, Evard's Black Tentacles, Feeblemind, Finger of Death, Fireball, Magic Missile: Sunburst, and temporal statis.
    Chosen spell-like abilities (all 1/day): Dispel Magic, Lesser Ironguard, See Invisibility, Shapechange, Simbul's Synostodweomer(Converts prepared spells into 2 points of healing per spell level), Spider Climb, Teleport Without Error, Thunderlance and True Seeing.
    Detect Magic(SU): Line of Sight
    Enhanced Constitution: The Chosen of Mystra template adds +10 to Elminister's Constitution.
    Enhanced intelligence: Elminister used wish spells to increase his Intelligence. His Intelligence score has a +4 inherent bonus included in its value.
    Epic-Level Benefits: Bonus spell level X4 (included in the listing below), six effective levels of wizard and five of archmage (included in above total).
    Evasion, Silver Fire.

Skills: Alchemy +27, Balance +6, Climb +5, Concentration +34, Decipher Script +9, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +7, Heal +8, Hide +8, Intimidate +11, Intiut Direction +6, Jump +5, Knowledge (Arcana) +27, Knowledge (Geography) +22, Knowledge (History) +17, Knowledge (Dalelands Local) +17, Knowledge (Nature) +17, Knowledge (Nobility) +17, Knowledge (the Planes) +22, Knowledge (Religion) +12, Listen +13, Move Silently +8, Open Locks +6, Perform (Dance) +6, Ride +8, Scry +27, Search +9, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +29, Spot +14, Swim +5, Tumble +5

Feats: Blooded, Craft Staff, Craft Woundrous Item, Expertise, Forge Ring, Heighten Spell, Improved Initiative, Luck of Heroes, Scribe Scroll, Skill Focus (Spellcraft), Spell Focus (Enchantment), Spell Focus (Evocation), Spell Penetration, Twin Spell.

Cleric Spells per Day: 4/4/3. Base DC = 14 + spell level, 16 + spell level for evocation and enchantment spells.
    Domains: Magic (use spell trigger or spell completion devices as a 26th-öeveö wizard) and Spell (+2 bonus on Constitution and Spellcraft checks.) Caster level 3rd.

Wizard Spells per Day: 4/6/6/6/5/4/5/3/3/3/1/1/1/1. Base DC = 21 + spell level, 23 + spell level for evocation and anchantment spells. Caster level 25th.

Possessions:
    Ring of Protection +3
    Amulet of Natural Armor +5
    Bracers of Armor +7
    Ring of Regeneration
    Mantle of Spell Resistance
    Thundering Longsword +5
    Elminister's Eversmoking Pipe

As a very powerful wizard, Elminister has access to incredible recources and can acquire or make almost any nonartifact item he mighy need, given time.

8. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't think El's first thought when he began his training was "excellent, now I can heal myself and deal with undead", and I doubt even more that he only turned to thievery for its combat benefits. Poor people have to eat somehow.

With the four standard classes it's much more realistic for someone who is so old. After all, you aren't necessarily going to do the same thing for hundreds of years, though he does seem to do such once he gets into the wizardly profession.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.