1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Elemental Prince ???

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by TrevElvis, Sep 28, 2006.

1. TrevElvis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there a scroll that summonds an elemental prince as I was reading a walkthrough for a certain battle and it says to summond one , but I have never come across one ????

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is a druid higher level ability that allows you to summon an elemental prince.

3. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

There aren't really any Cleric or Druid scrolls in the game because they already know all of them (depending on which class they are) and therefore don't need scrolls.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^There are some cure medium wounds scrolls in the game, but they are SO rare. Random loot from hobgoblins, or from an altar somewhere below the city.

Priest scrolls are non-existent in the game for some reason, though there are files for them. You can buy Neutralise poison, Raise Dead, and the occasional Restoration scroll (which, for some reason can be read by anyone with semi-decent INT score) from temples. My mods add Flamestrike scrolls and Cure Crit Wounds scrolls to a shop, and I got 50 of each. :shake: Scrolls are a luxury for every spellcaster, you can not have too many.

Another mod also allows clerics to scribe priestly scrolls as HLA, and they can create a great variety of useful scrolls, like Chaotic Commands, for example. :thumb:

I sure miss the frequency of priest scrolls in IWD, though the vast number of mage scrolls in BG2 makes up for it I think. :p

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    JSBB got it. Elemental Princes are summoned through Druidic HLA spells. There are no scrolls of this variety.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it is Greater Elemental Summoning that summons an Elemental Prince. However Elemental Summoning, which Clerics also have access to, has a 10% chance of summoning a Prince.

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Yes there are ALOT of mage scrolls in BGII ey! I remember you get the earthquake spell in the underdark but that's probably the best priest spell scroll you get hey?

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

That was not Earthquake scroll, though it look liked it. It is Stoneshape scroll to do the quest with Balor which Svirfneblins awakened. I never tried to cast it in somewhere else, does it work like Earthquake? Then you can not complete the quest, however.

You can loot cure medium wounds scrolls from hobgoblin patrols, (for some reason, if you kill them fast before they use it!) and the altar with Empathic Manifestation has some too. (probably for defeating the thing)

8. Fly2tHeSkY

I didn't try and use it because I wanted to complete the quest! Isn't that the only way to progress through the game anyway? I guess it could work like the proper spell ...

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No, IIRC the Stoneshape spell will not work like an Earthquake. It only function to complete that quest. And yes, if you want to do the Ust Natha quests, then you need to complete that quest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.