1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #95 Fun With Study Support

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Jan 14, 2011.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Had a long meeting at university today.

I think the meeting was only meant to be half an hour but ended up taking almost two. As it turns out I *am* getting Disabled Students Allowance but the local council didn't think it was necessary to inform either me or my university about it. Why? Because I was assessed for it three years ago at a different university so there was no need for an update. Aside from the fact that when applying there were calls and requests for an update due to changes in circumstances.

Another thing that was covered was I need to apply for extenuating circumstances, I've missed a couple of hand in dates due to health and something happening on SP. Problem is I need a doctors note for it. Last time I went to my doctor saying I had problems and needed a note they wrote down the wrong condition I had, or more regularly, I get "What do you expect with your condition?" so this will be fun to try and prove. My doctors spent long enough showing me how to put joints back in place or how to tape up my neck when I damage the ligaments there that I don't need to see a doctor that I could actually end up having it bite me in the ass.

Thirdly I'm being sent to a mentor who will help me when I'm struggling with work and getting it done. Which is now ALL the damn time. It's driving me insane. I'm stuck trying to work in a 10' by 10' room with a man who either needs to use my laptop when I juist want to wind down, wants to watch TV programs on it while he paints models or SLEEPS when I'm trying to get work done. I've also got to see someone who will try and help me handle my dyspraxia when it comes to organisation and making workloads manageable. I get stressed easily, especially when there are deadlines and I'm unsure how to tackle a particular problem.

Lastly I've been referred to a Counselor to speak to, I've been doing really badly since March now and it got worse after November and over Christmas my step dad ended up hurting my mother so now I just want her out of his house.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.