1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #78 I'm a Firestarter

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Nov 12, 2010.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    When attending the Job Centre as Kev and I have gone forward to jointly apply for Job Seekers Allowance (My 'income' has to be taken into account. Apparently this was not meant as a joke.) We had the fun of:
    "You have to go upstairs for the next part of the procedure."

Okay, fine by me, is there a life? Oh good, there is I'll just trundle along now.

It was then I was halted in my tracks by a security guard defending the door to the upstairs offices valiently against the unemployed masses of Southampton... who told me I wasn't allowed to use the lift or go upstairs... because I was classified as a fire hazard by being in a wheelchair.

At first my presumption was perhaps my reputation proceeded me (I still don't know why some people classify me as terrifying) but no, he had never seen me before, but I wasn't allowed to go through those doors and I wasn't allowed to use the disabled access lift installed. Why is there a sodding lift marked for use of the disabled if they won't let them through?!

Ended up having to wait a further TWO HOURS before they sent someone downstairs to speak to us. Just sat, waiting, when we could have just gone upstairs. I *know* the fire procedures for being in a wheelchair - it's simple, don't use the lift and exit the building if you can. If you can't wait at a designated area and try not to breathe in too much smoke before the fire brigade arrive. Being called a hazard for being in a chair is hardly applicable either, I am not more likely than any other sod to spontaneously combust (Though perhaps things like this are testing how flame retardent we actually are?)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.