1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #74 Halloween

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Oct 31, 2010.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So Halloween, the Pagan New Year, Samhain, Spirits Eve, Mischief Night.

Anyone else have plans?

I'm going to use the day for proper closure, to respect those who have passed on and reaffirm my place with the Lord and Lady.

I've already written out my planned meditations and dream channeling to focus on for the night. It's this time of year I focuse on my place in the world and what my goals will be for the coming year, what I need to achieve and what I have so far discovered.

With the meditation it's a guided walking to the end of a corridor and into a study, there will be all the tools and books and trappings of my faith filling it and I will wait at a desk in the centre of the room and I shall write out all I have learnt, what I failed, what needs to be done. When I have finished I will wait for the Lord to appear and see if he approves of my list, if he does he will grant me the courage to face the challenges of the year and answer me one question. After he has left I will wait for the Lady to appear and she will hand me a paper scrolled up and tied with a specific coloured ribbon, these will be their instructions for me to do throughout the year, the ribbon will correspond to a specific art that they will assist me in studying until the next Halloween. I will take both papers in my right hand and approach the door on the other side of the room, looking through the doorway will be more and more rooms, seeing through one to another, to another, the coming months and challenges laid out for a brief glimpse. Before I leave the room I can take one tool from the table beside the door, the four classical tools which represent guiding elements. Once I have picked the one that calls to me I will be lead to the next room.

I'm planning on making colcannon and sausages for a traditional meal :) Will also be making little cakes to offer to the Lord and Lady and to my grandad as an offering and kindness. I have missed him terribly since April and in a time when the veil is thinner I want to make sure I can show I still care. He was the only one of my family to really accept I held a different faith and was proud that I made my own way. He was proud that I learnt things and had views that were atypical, but that I still made sure to hold decent values and used what I learnt and studied to help family and friends without belittling what they believed themselves and without preaching when they decided to take my practices as a joke. I think he'd like to be a part of what I did.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.