1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #59 Getting It Sorted

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Nov 19, 2009.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Had a long chat with my mother yesterday, Grandma is thoroughly miserable and has been in tears most of the time. Some quite good news though is that if Grandad manages to get through the next ten days of his treatment without needing too much assistance he can visit home for a couple of days. Literally that long though, they are having to apply chemo treatment directly into his heart. The line has already become infected once and they had to remove it, he has to have an operation to replace it before that can continue treating him, but the chemo has shot his immune system so any antibiotics they give him barely help, there's not much they can do for them.

Also checked out a guy on ebay who deals with powered chairs and I can get one I need for around £6k which my mother will help me save up for but has to wait until the new year, which is fine, I don't exactly have many lessons left in December.

Kev has also put in for a transfer to a store in the South which he may get next year at the soonest - which means someone can help me even if I can't get a chair in a timeframe that allows me to get one before the next uni term or even in the next year. I will take such a long time to get that amount money, my parents can barely get by on their current income, Kev and I have limited income to put towards extra things beyond our homes (and LARP in Kevs case. He's buying my tickets for next year so I need to save enough for those events as well.) It's bad enough I can't get around without being cooped at home without going out anywhere, I don't go out drinking, I don't meet up with friends anymore, £150 each, four times a year, it is a lot but it gives me something to look forward to, even if I only manage one or two of the events.

I have got the cheapest phone and internet arranged at my flat, I keep my bills low, I don't buy much food (Which is really annoying when you just fancy a snack :lol:) I am buying no more hobby stuff in 2010 outside of what I get vouchers for and bought for me.

So for roughly £50 a month I don't see why I should bad for still planning to go LARPing when I know most the people I know spend a lot more going out drinking, or on takeaways or just spending it with friends.

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You're right babe. You can't put your whole life on the back burner and if someone wants to help you then go for it. Kev obviously adores you (so much better than that Sally bloke!) so he's not going to expect anything in return. As long as you're happy then go for it!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.