1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Edwin Rules!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by dragon903, Oct 11, 2001.

1. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] the good news:This one tough Wizard is s powerful that he hs level 5 spells when he joins you.Although hes evil i had Sarevok in my party.By the way this wizard was frm Baulders Gate 1.

The Bad News:i know im gonna go on the most toughest side quests ever in the game im not getting off with Edwin that easy.Can i have help on finding the Nether Scroll for him

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I don't want to spoil it for you, so I'll keep it at a minimum.

It's in the graveyard (where he first mentioned it). You have to find one of the crypts which opens up to a HUGE area. There will be a section with a bunch of spiders. From that section, go south (down). There's a secret door you'll have to find. Check for traps too.

And when Edwin finally gets his nether scroll, don't tell him "it's party property". Just ask him if "he will be using the scroll for the good of the party".

Fun and games.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Since you mentioned Sarevok was in your party, that means you have ToB installed, so this topic belongs here in the ToB forum rather than in the SoA forum.

4. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you have Sarevok in your party, then you are playing the expansion. By now, it is too late to go back and get the nether scroll.

5. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] The good news: Edwin won't leave when you get him in ToB because you just CAN't do the quest (in SoA he left if you refused).

The (VERY) bad news: Edwin recieved a +1 bonus to all Saving throws, +20 to his lore, and 50,000 XP after completing the quest. And I'll tell you this: The lore bonus is worth every point...

6. Minsc Guest

Minsc doesn't like evil-doers! Sword meet evil, Edwin and Sarevok meet sword!

7. Maertyn

[​IMG] Well Minsc, thanks for this enlightening contribution of yours...

8. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

What do you expect from a man who thinks his hamster talks to him. (-:

Minsc and Edwin won't fight any more in ToB, by the way, Dragon.

9. Hm.. Of course Edwin rules. Minsc sucks. Boo sucks(eggs). Edwin has soo much better spells than those other 2 pesky female of NPCs.

10. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Edwin has more spells than any legitimate mage you can create as a PC character, either.

Apparently Edwin spent all his non-weapon proficiencies in hex editing. *wink*

11. Thalantyr Guest

If you ask me Thalantyr is a better Mage.
    Tobad he is not in bg2. I using edwin to.
    Here is my Party

My Ranger
    Sarevok
    Minsc and Boo
    Edwin
    Viconia
    And all i need is a Thief.

12. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, Jan is the only real thief in the game after chapter 4. He's an extremely good thief, actually, but pretty fragile. He also talks alot. :) Imoen can serve marginally as a thief, particularly if you stock up on potions and the thief rings (Danger Sense and Lockpicks). Nalia isn't even good enough to get through her own Keep. :(

The lack of good NPC thieves is a major annoyance in my opinion. I much prefered the situation in BG, where you could chose between between 5 or 6 different characters. Oh, well.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

It was a plot device, im-hoe. They really wanted you to have Yoshimo along in Spellhold, so they didn't want to give you four of five thieves to pick from and make it unlikely you'd bring him. (-:

14. Maertyn

[​IMG] It would have been cool if a thief somehow got trapped in the speelhold maze and you could pick him up there (Imoen is kind of thief, but you know what I mean)!!

15. Namuras Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Why would a thief be trapped in Spellhold? 'Tis a place for mages, after all.
    If you could find a thief in Brynnlaw or the Underdark, maybe, but not in Spellhold.

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What about a Neomi or Ailan? Mage dualled to thief?

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 15, 2001).]

17. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, Tiax is there and he's part thief. They could have let you recruit that loon again! That would have been fun.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

18. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Edwin gets all those extra sepell per level because of his family heirloom amulet. You know, the one you can't remove. He is a good mage but he stinks of evil. He is the only reason not to get a sorcerer as your protagonist if you are playing a single player game. Still sorcerer's are much better (hey, why not both) in the sense that you don't have to choose your spells beforehand.

Maertyn, tjekanefir and Shadow_Goddess shall feel the boot of righteousness

19. Maertyn

[​IMG] Boot of righteousness, eh?

I played a game with a sorceress and Edwin but as a full group (6 people). Very nive idea: Say your sorceress wants to solo but falls in love with Edwin (IF that is possible!). Both would rock Amn! What a lovely couple...

20. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Minsc's gonna give me a boot of righteousness because I think Edwin's a munchkin? There's a new one: Minsc protecting Edwin... maybe he can be Minsc's new witch, then. *wink*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.