1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Editing NPC'S with ShadowKeeper *spoilers*

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Algarion, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm planing to edit some of the NPC's with Shadowkeeper since I've got bored of them as they were created in the first place. I'll "only" change their classes and I'm wondering if this will change how they react, their quests or their personal gains. Anomens knighthood for example.

Viconia will no longer be a vanilla cleric.

Edwin will become a sorcerer.

And Korgan are at the moment studying to become a berserker.

2. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't know if it will affect Anomen, his quest will probably go smooth, though I'm not sure. I've changed all the others though, and I didn't experience anything odd.

I guess Edwin won't get his amulet bonus (extra spell slots) and Korgan is a berserker, or did you mean barbarian?

3. Algarion Gems: 3/31

One more question (don't want to start a new topic). I'm playing evil this time and off course will I side with Bodhi. But I'm planing to do the Thief stronghold also. When can I start slaughter the shadowtheifs without losing my stronghold?

4. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I changed Anomen to a fighter, then a cavalier when he finished his knighthood quest, and there were no problems. He still got the stat boost and alignment change.

5. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

He sure will. For a sorcerer, it gives him more spells per day.

And can you even do the thief stronghold quest when you side with Bodhi?

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

No, you can't side with Bodhi when you're a thief, not unless you're using some kinda cheat/mod/something.

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] SK is evil

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Why? Are you Extremist second account? :D

9. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ah, Davaeron of course :bang: , my bad.

10. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I just played a MC fighter/thief through chapter 3 and I took the thief stronghold and sided with Bodhi. No idea what will happen with my stronghold now.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

You cannot side with Bodhi if you are a thief. She will just mutter something about "How unfortunate..." and then leave, leaving you only with 1 option. ;) I would leave SK out of this, as it might screw some events...

P.S: "Spoilers" warning isn't needed anymore ;)

12. Algarion Gems: 3/31

For all of you that complain about Shadowkeeper. Baldurs Gate is a wonderful game but when you've gone through the whole saga a couple of times the game loses some of the edge... do that four or five times and you desperately grasp fore new reasons to do it again. I don't use Shadowkeeper to create demi-Gods I merely use it to change small things that maybe changes the gaming experience a bit.

Besides. Anyone who knows if it's possible to add the "Use any item" ability to Sarevok? I really really want him to use the Carsomyr ;)

13. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There's a mod you can get that changes the classes of a lot of NPCs; if you're worried about screwing your game up through shadowkeeper, I'd try the mod out instead.

14. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Virne: Well that's quite strange because I just did. Do you only get excluded from Bodhi's quests if you are a single classed thief?

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Well, if you are a multi-class thief, no problem. If you are a single-class, then you just got screwed :p

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I like to dual-class Sarevok to a thief, so yes, I do get the UAI ability. Seriously, it takes quite some time to get his fighter abilities back but watch out when he does. I still haven't been able to get his death bringer attack on a backstab though.

17. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

if you use SK to change their class....they wont be able to use their special items anymore....

dont know hwy but all of the sudden the items just doesnt recognise them.

its the same if you make one of them an undead hunter.....you wont get the level drain immunity.

dont know why, but its the way it is.

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Thats because you have to add the required code in the Affects tab in SK manually. There was a thread by userunfriendly over on the TeamBG boards about this. There was a load of other stuff too like permanent Improved Alacrity and Prot. from Magical Weapons and things like that.

Also, if you really want to give Carsomyr to Sarevok, I suggest just using IEEP to remove the usability restrictions on Carsomyr and save it under a different file name, then CLUA it in. Its pretty blatant cheating, but its easier than changing Sarevok's class.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.