1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

eBay house clearance

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sarevok•, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Everybody should do this once and a while. I figured the other day I wanted a new amp, so I'm going mad looking for stuff to sell. I have so far found almost 100 items. I looked at some of my CD's and come to the realisation that there's a bunch of them I'm never going to listen to again, I got books, I got vinyl, I got DVD's, I got effects, I got everything you could possibly think of. It's a great thing to do though. The last time I did it, I put a guess to how much I was going to get for it all, and I got double my estimate! :D Everybody has a whole lot of crap they ain't never gonna use, have a go, you can sell almost anything on eBay, but you already know that :D Anyways, the only downside, is that I have to sit here for the next 6 hours listing it all, and of course, it all must go on individually :cry:

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Get some rid of some of your stuff by saying its 'Haunted'. I was amazed at old milk bottles stuffed with a page from the Bible reaching triple figures!

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, I agree. My wife sells all sorts of stuff for us on TradeMe (the main NZ internet auction site). It is amazing the stuff that people will buy from you. There's a whole separate economy out there in the internet auction world.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

I'm still here now, and I still have another 50 something items left to list.... :cry:

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I once tried it, it cost me a bomb to list all my stuff then I only sold half of it and barely covered by listing fees. After that, I haven't been arsed to do it again.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We make loads (well, relatively speaking) of cash from selling our old junk online. It's great. Not sure how you managed to lose money, Barmy. We only pay a fee if we actually sell anything so if it doesn't sell, it doesn't matter.

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

The trick is, to list for 10 days, and start what you can, at 0.99. That's £0.15 a listing. It does turn out to be quite a bit of a nightmare in the end though, I'll have to carry all this **** to the post office, and it'll take about 3 mornings, late payers are another problem. It's still worth it though.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I didn't so much lose money, I made a little bit, for all the pissing around I did I didn't think it was worth it. I want something substantial I can flog for a good amount of money. Rather than a few DVD's and games at a couple of quid each, it hardly seems worth it. Plus I'm a lazy ****.

9. Harbourboy

Best things we sold were an old couch, an old Palm Pilot, a wine rack, a pushchair, a Terry Pratchett book (they always sell well), and a Lord of the Rings watch I won in competition once.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You... sold... a Pratchett book? Blasphemy!!! :shake:

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

What amp have you set your sights on?

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Not sure yet.

13. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well if I know Sarevok, and I don't, really :D , he'll be looking at a guitar amp. :)

ENGLs are nice. I have two.
    :eek:

15. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Shame on you. How could you actually sell a book. If you don't want them anymore I'll take them off your hands.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

its 5p listing day today

17. Harbourboy

I sold the Pratchett book because I would never ever get around to reading it again. I almost never have time to read a book more than once. It was a great book but what was the point of keeping it when I could get $10 for it?

18. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Well, it's 99% sold, and I've made just under £500 out of crap I don't need :lol: Most of that is going back out again though, but I reckon I'll have some change left over for sp. I'll be happier when it's all in the post, getting rid of old **** is really therapeutic.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, seems I am resurrecting an old topic.

Is there any damn way to set up a seller profile other than putting a credit card online? I really have no trust of that.

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't know - I've been making online purchases with my credit card since at least 1996 and my card has only been compromised once, and it was caught by my credit card company's fraud detection service. If it has the little lock on the bottom right hand of your screen when you make the purchase, it's pretty safe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.