1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

EasyTutu and Ascension

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Hyperion, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hyperion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

So, I thought I'll give the game another spin, since it's been a while since my last playthrough. And I want to use EasyTutu, so that I can have the BG2 graphics (quite some improvement over BG1) and the Sorcerer class. Also, I want to install the Ascension mod. Thought to go for the weidu version. So the question is really simple: Do I install Ascension in BG2 folder or BG Tutu folder? And if I install it in BG2 folder, is it before or after I install EasyTutu?

The first part of the order would be something like this:

Baldur's Gate I
    Baldur's Gate I Tales of the Sword Coast
    BG TotSC official patch
    Baldur's Gate II
    Baldur's Gate II Throne of Bhaal
    BG2 ToB official patch

So when and where to install Ascension?

L.E. Also, take into account (don't think it matters, but I'm telling anyway) that I don't start the game from the beginning. I have some older save games, made while I was playing also EasyTutu, and I didn't reach the BG2 content yet.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Ascension belongs to the BG2 part of the game.
    EasyTutu is for the BG1 game part. Thus installing Ascension would probably mean nothing but troubles.

Edit:Here is perhaps what you really are looking for.

Using an older savegame is AOK, but you have to install everything in the excact same order and no new stuff.

Happy gaming

3. Hyperion Gems: 4/31

I'm not really looking for yet another mod. I was just asking if those two are compatible. Some solution might be presented in that topic you linked, but I don't have the patience (nor the time, for that matter) to read 21 pages. So if you can pinpoint at the exact answer to my question between those pages, I'll appreciate it.

"EasyTutu is for the BG1 game part. Thus installing Ascension would probably mean nothing but troubles."

So, in your opinion, is it ok to first install Ascension in the BG2 folder and EasyTutu right after that? Or I understood it wrong?

4. Shaitan

No

You misunderstand. Ascension and EasyTutu have nothing to do with each other. EasyTutu is to play BG1 with the BG2 engine. Ascension however is a mod to enhance BG2 ToB.

If you install Ascension the only thing you risk encountering in BG1 (via Easytutu) is bugs, so don't install that mod.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] EasyTutu makes a separate folder for the BG1 part of the game. The BG1 diectory and BG2 directory are separate, so you can mod each independantly. There is no BG2 content in EasyTutu aside fom the fact files are carried over as the diectories are copied.

You can still mod BG2 independantly and import your character when you complete tutu as you would import a character from BG1.

6. Hyperion Gems: 4/31

So the answer would be to install the 2 games separately, install EasyTutu, play the BG1 part in EasyTutu, finish the game, export character, import in BG2 installation and then install Ascension (or any other mod, for that matter) on the BG2 installation?

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] 1) Install the games and patches for the games

2) Mod games.

3) Play games.

They are still separate games in separate folders with the same interaction that BG1 had with BG2. Just as you wouldn't install mods mid playthrough, don't start your BG2 game then modify it. Install mods you're going to use and stick with it for the playthrough.

8. Shaitan

Correct

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.