1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

E-A-G-L-E-S....Eagles!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Late-Night Thinker, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Oh yes...after much spent frustration and having found a faith unshakable, this year, unlike the year before, the year before that, and the year preceding those other two...this year the Eagles will win it all!!!!

Then I will possess a by-proxy athleticism greater than all those other mistaken fans of teams left behind and broken...

Bring me home Donovan...

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought it was the Steelers year this season. Or am I in the wrong sport?

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What the bloody hell is all this about?

4. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Say again?

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I thought he was about to start talking about the band called "The Eagles"

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    He's talking about basketball. Except he's a few months late - the Boston Red Sox won the championship, and then the league's owners locked all the players out.

Or something like that.

:xx:

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Errr, I think is NFL.... there are no basketball team called eagles...

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Splunge was joking using a mishmash of the North American sports leagues. The Eagles are the American Football team that plays in Philadelphia. They have a fairly decent history of ineptitude and notoriously bad tempered and nasty fans (Philadelphia fans have actually booed Santa Claus). Their team seems likely to make it to the Super Bowl (the championship game) this year (unlike the last several years where they lost games that they should have won to get there). Nonetheless, they likely will find a way to lose so as to satisfy the gods of American football destiny and continue the misery of their fans. (The city of Philadelphia is perhaps the biggest city in America that hasn't won a championship in any sport in quite a long while -- I think since the early '80's.)

I have several friends from Philly (I went to college there) and they are all happily miserable about this (yes, it's possible to wallow in misery and enjoy it).

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Bah... they're from Philadelphia, teams from Philadelphia always choke when it really matters. The Sixers, the Eagles, the Phillies, the Flyers, they are all cursed.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Unfortunately we don't get much NFL coverage on Free-to-air TV so I don't even know ehat the hell happened most of the season. Won't stop me watching the Superbowl though even without knowing who's in it.

11. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think it would be more merciful if the Eagles lose in the NFC championship again. Getting destroyed in the Superbowl by the Pats will crush the already demoralized fan base.

Go Pats, beat the Steelers.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Dayum, LNT, you beat me to it.

Fly, EAGLES, Fly, on the road to victory!

13. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

A quote from Freddy Mitchell (wide reciever) following the Eagles routing of the Vikings...

“I’m a special player,” he said, wearing an Indiana Jones hat and bow tie. “I’ve just got to thank my hands for being so great. I’ve just been chillin’ being patient, being humble. I knew my time was going to come.”

Next victim...Atlanta and Micheal Vick...

Hey, Vick may be fast (very, very, very fast) but he is skinny and small and if Trotter or the Freak go head first into his torso...well, luckily since the Link now has natural grass, the blood should soak into the soil. That skinny finch better make sure an Eagles doesn't get too close...

And by the way...Eagles fans are the kindest people you'll ever meet...

14. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    P A T S

PATS, PATS, PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit, the Eagles were better than I thought they were. I thought the Pats would easily win by 17.

Dynasty is such a lovely word.

15. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Damn, my home team lost. :(

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Welcome to the Hotel California....oh, wrong Eagles...sorry.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Back on topic...

I wasn't rooting for either teams during this year's SuperBowl. Now if the Raiders or the Packers were there, then I'd have a team to root for! :rolling:

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] O the pain...More philadelphia sports frustration!!!!!

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm pissed off at the Eagles. They just seemed to give up sometime during the middle of the 3rd quarter. What was that bs in the last 4 minutes of the game where they dilly-dallied to every play and missed every friggin' opportunity to stop the clock. And don't get me started on the defense...gah!! I wanted to strangle somebody. It's the Superbowl, you asses! You play every play like it's your last on earth! They just looked like they didn't give a damn anymore.

I wanted Philly to win, because I almost always go for the underdog - that, and I get sick of teams who win more than twice in a row. IMO, Philly lost because they didn't have the heart to win it, period. New England is a superior team, but there's no doubt in my mind that had the Eagles wanted it bad enough, they could've taken it. And they just didn't. NO HEART.

That said - Terrell Owens did play exceptionally well, despite his injury. Maybe God really IS his doctor! :D

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Both of the teams played rather bad, plenty of mistakes to go around. I hoped that the Eagles would win it but if I know something about American Football it is that the Patriots is an extremely good team. I was afraid that they would steamroll over the Eagles but the men from Philly put up a good fight.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.