1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dyacea III

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Teensabre, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

~ Dyacea ~
    The Quest

It took Dorran and Dyacea two days to get to the other side of the Ladfeg river, on account of Dyacea constantly falling out of the trailer and breaking nearly all of her bones. They landed in the night in a secluded village called Brothwyn, where nobody was looking for Dyacea, Dorran said.

When the sun had risen, Dyacea rose from her bed on the grassy meadow and tried to stir Dorran. He did not awake, so she stood and went for a walk down the sanded path. Eagles soared over her head, and once or twice, Dyacea fancied she heard a rustling in the bushes. This continued, and every time she took a step the rustling got louder and nearer.

Losing her temper, Dyacea yelled, “Come on and kill me then, cretin!” She instantly corrected herself. “Or cretin-suh.”
    An arrow shot swiftly over her head and hit the tree behind her, or at least, it appeared to. For when she turned, there was no visible sign of any arrow scarring on the bark of the tree. Dyacea whipped around and saw a black thing somersault into a bush.

“Hah!” she yelled, almost in triumph. “Too scared to show your face, then? Don’t want to be done in for murder? You coward!”
    “Actually,” said a cool, male voice, “I was startled by you. You seemed not to care if I killed you or not.”

Dyacea looked up. The black-clothed man had leapt from a bough of the nearest tree and he landed in front of her. He was wearing a black cape, and had an inky-black robe on, which was tied by a black belt. He wore ragged, loose black leggings and black dragon-hide boots.
    “Who are you?” he asked Dyacea.
    “Dyacea,” she replied, “Dyacea of-“ she hesitated. This man could be a bounty hunter, after her blood. “Of somewhere.”
    “You seemed very sure of yourself back then,” the stranger said.
    “Who are you?” Dyacea asked him.
    “I am Nureth the Black,” he answered. “Well...my real name is Garrett.”
    “All right, Garrett,” said Dyacea, walking back along the path towards Dorran. “I invite you to join my party.”

“Party?” repeated Garrett, feigning surprise. “Oh. Of course. A pretty thing like you wouldn’t be without company.”
    Dyacea smiled, and carried on walking. Garrett followed her back to Dorran, who was still asleep.
    “You seem to have a dead-to-the-world party member here,” said Garrett, indicating Dorran. Dyacea turned. “Dead?”
    “Just a saying, he’s dead to the world.” Garrett gave Dorran a kick. Dorran stirred. “Dyacea…?” he groaned.
    “Wrong,” said Garrett sharply, “I am Nureth the Black, better known as Garrett. You should be up protecting Dyacea. If I hadn’t found her on her early morning walk she could have been killed.”

Dyacea laughed at that, but didn’t tell Garrett why.
    Dorran sat bolt upright. “You were out for a walk?” he blurted out as if going for a walk was a terrible thing to do. “Something could have-“ he stopped.
    “I’m tough enough to look out for myself!” Dyacea snapped at Dorran.
    “Well…” Dorran began, searching for a reason to yell at her. “Something could have got you, you never know!”
    “Well Dorran, have I got news for you – I. Can. Handle. My. Own. Problems. Without YOU interfering!” Dyacea yelled in a blind rage.
    “Oh, you just go ahead, Dyacea, yell at me, just like you did when we were young,” moaned Dorran. “You, oh great Dyacea, you were always yelling and moaning and bossing and snooting around, and now, just because you’re-“ he struggled with himself – part of him wanted to tell the world she was immortal, “You’re stupid enough to-“

“Yeaaaaaaaaaaaghhhh!” Dorran was cut short by Dyacea’s angry yelling. In blind fury she pulled out her sword and was upon Dorran in a second. She was about to stab him, but he rolled over. “Hah!” he yelled in triumph.
    Dyacea was fuming, breathing heavily, her flaming red hair almost stood on end. She gritted her teeth in sheer hate and anger.
    In a sudden flash, her hair caught fire. Her eyes turned a gleaming red. Her nails lengthened and became tongues of flame. She was surrounded by a field of fire and light!
    “NEVER INSULT ME, PUNY DORRAN!” Dyacea boomed. Her entire body was on fire! Dorran and Garrett cowered helplessly.
    Dyacea pointed a burning finger at Dorran. A great jet of fire shot out the end of her finger at him. It hit him in the chest. A long, loud, piercing scream echoed and reverberated around the field. Flame shot everywhere!

Dyacea shone so bright and the scream was so loud and intense that Garrett and most surrounding wildlife were knocked unconscious. Dyacea had shaken the whole village!

Oh yeah, thanks for your praise about the 1st and second Dyaceas. Thanks Big B for fixing the link to Dyacea 1 too. Feel free to post what you like about it.

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] You know.... It wouldnt be bad if you would post another part of the story into the former title.

But the story is really nice :)

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Not bad, not bad at all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.